🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Rocksmith+

Finally, we get some news! I have been gone for a while but was keeping tabs. Not sure what to make of the subscription model. This could end up being very good or very bad. Right now I am cautiously optimistic. If this model can help us get some of the really huge bands/songs that we have been hoping for it will be worth it for me. Or, if not big bands/songs, enough other songs that I want to play and haven't been able to yet. If I feel that I am getting value then I will subscribe. Hoping for the best here!
     1 people found this helpful

They said we'll be starting with thousands which is more than what was available when they ended dlc for Remastered so I won't be surprised if doing the $100 year subscriotion is worth it. I haven't been as active with Rocksmith lately but will gladly get into the groove of my 6 string bass via the drop tuning

QuantumNiTE's Avatar Member
    Not overjoyed about the subscription model - may be tempted for a bit nevertheless if there are enough songs I am interested in, but will always feel 'temporary' to me because I doubt I'll keeping paying $100 a year for over a decade. I guess I'm feeling if RS2014 had been a subscription then I can't see my having been subscribed over the past 12 months for example.

I probably spent 2x or more per month when DLC was weekly; the subscription model is a money saver for a 'completist'. I like to try every song at least once, see what 'sticks' in terms of enjoying the music and enjoying to play. Over the years I've picked up new favorite bands (Volbeat, I'm looking at you), found that behind songs I thought I really didn't like there were some fun bits to play (Gaga? I don't know any Gaga ), etc.

What I'm really itching to see, though, is what's going to be out there for skills training, learning pathways community content and maybe even music theory tutorials.
     4 people found this helpful

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Play this for a year. And then you will get better at playing tab. Then you can jump ship and play tab from a million places.
     2 people found this helpful

SeanmoCDLC's Avatar Junior Member
    Learn to play actual sheet music for six months, get a job as an actual musician.

I've spoken to my custom-ers. Without the ability to play them and with a subscription model, none of them will be moving on from RS Remastered. This was a really bad idea on Ubi's part and will end the RS era.
    #sad

welp you are in a really good position and a bad one.

If there are a million songs, then people might go the legal route and pay Rocksmith+.

But there are the fogey stogey ones who will continue to play CDLC on the PS3 forever.

Unless of course Ubisoft pushes an update crippling CDLC.
    Then you guys will have to hack the support back an and it'll live in the underworld, where ransomware might be attached to it.

Femacejo's Avatar Member
    So, with this subscription model, will I be able to play the songs if offline?

Will I be able to download the songs I like to my XBone so I can play if my internet is down?

Guess no more special song-pack prices via Steam with a subscription model.

I'd imagine this game will be 100% ubisoft store.

There are no packs to buy, because each week you get the new songs they release.

Originally Posted by Femacejo Go to original post
    So, with this subscription model, will I be able to play the songs if offline?

Will I be able to download the songs I like to my XBone so I can play if my internet is down?

Guess no more special song-pack prices via Steam with a subscription model.
    Unfortunately it requires an internet connection at all times.

No more buying songs at all. It's 100% subscription which includes all songs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►