🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

subscription model for RS+

i know i am not alone in this $15/month with no garuntee of songs we will like or enjoy playing?

some of us have spent 1000's on official DLC for RS and RS2014. this feels like a massive slap in the face to those who made RS the success it is. i'm not paying a sub on top of the base game price.

Subscription model is not for everyone. The big trade off is a much more massive library. They are mentioning millions of licensed songs. It's also cheaper if you commit to a longer term sub.

Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton Go to original post
    Subscription model is not for everyone. The big trade off is a much more massive library. They are mentioning millions of licensed songs. It's also cheaper if you commit to a longer term sub.
    when taking into account what i have already paid for both RS and RS2014 it is not cheaper in any stretch. currently owned DLC is not transferable. "millions of licensed songs" is pure speculation at this point and as i said before, no gauruntee of songs people want.

Originally Posted by alunwilliams1 Go to original post
    when taking into account what i have already paid for both RS and RS2014 it is not cheaper in any stretch. currently owned DLC is not transferable. "millions of licensed songs" is pure speculation at this point and as i said before, no gauruntee of songs people want.
    I mean it's cheaper if you pay $100/yr rather than $15/mo. The song licensing is not really speculation. I get it if a subscription model is not for you.

I mean it's cheaper if you pay $100/yr rather than $15/mo. The song licensing is not really speculation. I get it if a subscription model is not for you.
    i understand the subscription increments differ, the song licensing isn't speculation, the millions is

Profile support

I'm really hoping they keep profile support, or at the least have a discount family subscription option. My wife and I both play on the same PS4 so we can't play at the same time anyway. forcing a double subscription will probably too much to swallow.

i understand the subscription increments differ, the song licensing isn't speculation, the millions is
    This isn’t us Joe nobody’s speculation based on making stuff up. This is coming from Ubi as a public statement.

This isn’t us Joe nobody’s speculation based on making stuff up. This is coming from Ubi as a public statement.
    until they release a CONFIRMED list of "millions" of songs, it is speculation.
     1 people found this helpful

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    until they release a CONFIRMED list of "millions" of songs, it is speculation.
    Get mad and go buy 1000's of tab books at a bookstore instead?

Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    Get mad and go buy 1000's of tab books at a bookstore instead?
    ubisoft severs have a reputation, for not working. have fun forking over $100 a year and not being able to use it.
     1 people found this helpful