🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    drserkanturan's Avatar Member

Great disappointment with paid service

I have played thousands of hours with Rocksmith 2014.I was waiting for the new announcement nearly for a year. And it turns out to be a monthly paid service. Great disappointment for me because those fees are way to high for my country. I cannot pay those fees. Rocksmith would gain new customers from around the world but now I know many wont join. Sorry, really sorry.
     4 people found this helpful

This is so disappointing. And It appears that there's not much new other than community fluff. No mention of additional instruments. There would have been a lot of ways to improve Rocksmith. Unfortunately, it appears that Ubisoft has a different type of revenue stream in mind. Such a HUGE disappointment.

https://gamerant.com/rocksmith-plus-sequel-announced/
     1 people found this helpful

I want more info before I say if I'm disappointed or not, As of now, I'm just happy with news at all!
    Excited to see how it turns out in the end, but I do hope that there is a minus version as well, where we get some of the core upgrades, without online content or something.

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    Really comes down to cost. From what they’ve shown there’s really not much improvement to the existing game.

All depends on the songs too, if they can get some or all of the big names that we’ve been missing and it’s not too expensive I’ll give it a go.

Considering Guitar Hero Live bombed as a subscription service, Ubisoft hasn't learned from the failures of other companies in this gaming genre.

Like others, I'm waiting for more information. Overall, I'm disappointed with the subscription model, but I never wanted it before the announcement. Am I surprised by not it, not at all. Considering Yousician has been doing it for years, Ubisoft Plus, and other games have done it such WOW, and season passes for various games, one could easily see them going that route. Plus, I think there were some surveys about subscription models regarding it.

The always need an interest connection, not a surprise. The question will be, is there a non-subscription plan use. WHat about those who purchase RS12 or RS14 and DLC for those versions?

MartynQ's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by kami-kun Go to original post
    I want more info before I say if I'm disappointed or not, As of now, I'm just happy with news at all!
    Excited to see how it turns out in the end, but I do hope that there is a minus version as well, where we get some of the core upgrades, without online content or something.
    I agree with this. I'm not sure what to think... for me, the full details will determine my decision. (1) Will it run on a Mac? (2) What are the range of songs? (3) How much does it actually cost?

Rocksmith 2014 has been great for me, so I lean towards moving towards adopting the new version, but the answers to the above will determine whether I do or not.

Originally Posted by MartynQ Go to original post
    I agree with this. I'm not sure what to think... for me, the full details will determine my decision. (1) Will it run on a Mac? (2) What are the range of songs? (3) How much does it actually cost?

Rocksmith 2014 has been great for me, so I lean towards moving towards adopting the new version, but the answers to the above will determine whether I do or not.
    It looks like they just slapped a new skin on the existing game but there's zero details as to whether they actually improved any of the issues that RS2014 had like note accuracy tracking and improving the lessons section (slap bass in particular is so unclear as a technique and was implemented poorly along with pinch harmonics)

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    From the limited info we’ve had so far it looks like minor tweaks to what we’ve already got, but they now want paying monthly for it.

I signed up for the beta.

I use my own amp now, with an a/b splitter and a mixer and turning the in game guitar off.

My curiosity will be the number of song available. I read, they hope for millions of songs.... We can only hope. If they manage to get a large selection of songs, I will get the subscription.

If they make us buy the songs as well as get a subscription...... I don't know.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►