🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    99/12 = $8.25 a month

You'll want to play the game for a year and not just for a month or 2.

We all know how DLC works. There are so many genres in music.
    They will release metal but it will be every cpl months.
    There will be many many more songs than what we are used to now. Also much more variety.

Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton Go to original post
    There will be many many more songs than what we are used to now. Also much more variety.
    Yeah, this has the potential to be great. Hoping we will get much more info during the live-streams onwards

MartynQ's Avatar Senior Member
    Your responses are phrased in a very confident way and you seem to know much more than I do about the planned new release. Where do you get your information from?

I've seen the advert video and the interview with Arthur Von Nagel. I've also seen the FAQ. From that I know they say there will be many more songs, but I still feel that I'm fumbling in the dark to know for sure what is going on.

Originally Posted by MartynQ Go to original post
    Your responses are phrased in a very confident way and you seem to know much more than I do about the planned new release. Where do you get your information from?

I've seen the advert video and the interview with Arthur Von Nagel. I've also seen the FAQ. From that I know they say there will be many more songs, but I still feel that I'm fumbling in the dark to know for sure what is going on.
    I've been giving feedback directly to the team, as a customer, over the past few years and have a few friends on the team. I've been playing with the beta for a few weeks now. I'm under NDA so I can't say anything that isn't public knowledge but they have publicly stated they plan to have licenses for millions of songs.

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    I've given feedback directly to the team, as a customer, over the past few years and have a few friends on the team. I've been playing with the beta for a few weeks now. I'm under NDA so I can't say anything the isn't public knowledge but they have publicly stated they plan to have licenses for millions of songs.
    Interesting to know. The thing I'm wondering is the millions of songs. I would imagine that the vast majority are going to be the AI generated chords- presumably a bit like Chordify. The press release suggest that properly scored songs will be released at a rate upwards of 50 per week thoughout the beta period and beyond. But, for all we know that may just be the back catalogue of existing DLC. So, I'm curious how they are going to marry up quantity with quality. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Having said all that. I hardly ever play Rocksmith anymore. These days I just prefer toplay outside of the game, working on things from my lessons, at my own pace, rather than sight playing something at a fixed speed. I'm not sure if a new version will help that at all. Not at 15$ pcm I think, and I doubt I'll want to commit to a year. Ah well, wait and see...
     1 people found this helpful

MartynQ's Avatar Senior Member
    I've been giving feedback directly to the team, as a customer, over the past few years and have a few friends on the team. I've been playing with the beta for a few weeks now. I'm under NDA so I can't say anything that isn't public knowledge but they have publicly stated they plan to have licenses for millions of songs.
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate the NDA, so don't expect anything more... but I appreciate that you are more informed than many of us.

The "millions of songs" feels a bit like hyperbole to me. It would surely take an extremely long time to produce well tabbed out full arrangements for 1 million songs? (Something like 1000 times the time it took to produce the roughly 1000 songs that are available for RS2014.) [* Disclaimer: I've approximated here!]

Originally Posted by Danny-Ramone Go to original post
    Interesting to know. The thing I'm wondering is the millions of songs. I would imagine that the vast majority are going to be the AI generated chords- presumably a bit like Chordify. The press release suggest that properly scored songs will be released at a rate upwards of 50 per week thoughout the beta period and beyond. But, for all we know that may just be the back catalogue of existing DLC. So, I'm curious how they are going to marry up quantity with quality. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Having said all that. I hardly ever play Rocksmith anymore. These days I just prefer toplay outside of the game, working on things from my lessons, at my own pace, rather than sight playing something at a fixed speed. I'm not sure if a new version will help that at all. Not at 15$ pcm I think, and I doubt I'll want to commit to a year. Ah well, wait and see...
    They have a much larger team of note trackers now. They plan to keep releasing full transcriptions, same as you're used to now, but at a much higher rate as you mentioned above.

If you haven't heard they are also opening up the transcription tools to users. So you will be able to make your own transcriptions and upload them for others to use. There will be a review process and the best ones will become "certified". You'll be able to tell in the UI which were done by Ubisoft and which were done by users.

They want to have the computer generated chord chart at least for every song but even those go through a human review process before being released at least for now.

I should note that in addition to continually adding new transcriptions they also plan to keep adding features and other types of content.

Well, back after a long time.
    Was waiting for the next project.

My wish list ?
    Periodically offer the RS+ new songs to RSR as DLC (at usual price point)

Things I hope for but not holding my breath -

Keyboard Support
    Drum support
    Pro live-stream lessons included
    Pro videos for each particular song with hints and suggestions for that particular song

Good luck with your new product.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by MartynQ Go to original post
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate the NDA, so don't expect anything more... but I appreciate that you are more informed than many of us.

The "millions of songs" feels a bit like hyperbole to me. It would surely take an extremely long time to produce well tabbed out full arrangements for 1 million songs? (Something like 1000 times the time it took to produce the roughly 1000 songs that are available for RS2014.) [* Disclaimer: I've approximated here!]
    I was also curious about TheJohnNewton knowlegde and certanty, but I did find more or less anything he wrote here https://www.ubisoft.com/sv-se/game/r...us/game-detail

Where they write that they already have thousands of songs, or to be more specific, will have thousands of songs by release time.
    Seems like they have found a similar license deal as Spotify or something, I dunno.

Hope that this isn't a case of quantity over quality, for even the note-trackers have made mistakes in the past (which, I guess the new system will make it easier to fix)

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by OldZombie1776 Go to original post
    Keyboard Support
    Drum support
    Maybe this is a possibility. I would have said fat chance, since the old way required ppl to manually transcribe songs.

If its midi files or some AI analyzer tool, i guess it would pick up drums sounds pretty easy.