🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    or midi electronic drum set ...then it would be much easier

No, they said you can only add custom arrangements for licensed songs

randomas's Avatar Senior Member
    Holy Carp, colour me surprised. I had all but given up on RS next gen!

The subscription model, I don't like but makes perfect sense, and honestly not doing it that way this day and age would have been bloody stupid. It'll probably cost us less than buying DLC anyway!

I love this game to bits and still play it on a PS3 as well (Peaved cause sony are closing the PS3 store, no more buy on ps3 and enjoy playing on all systems).

My pet peaves for this game were:

1) No recording playback of your performance, if you can't hear yourself play you can't tell where you suck, this bad, this very bad.
    Please tell me this got fixed.

2) no extended range 7 string guitar 5 string bass support.
    The new interface seems a lot more streamlined and modular does it allow for this now is it planned?

3) no marked vocals/vocal highway (can't have rest of family play karaoke while I play guitar).
    Looks like they've gone full on guitar e-learning only, please tell me I'm wrong!

4) Drums, Ok yess I want rock band 3 pro mode done right and there's no shame in that mkay!
    Not happening (right?), but I can dream.

5) Editors to do your own thing.
    Really happy with this, I hope they allow people to record and annotate their own songs, this would be so cool.

Really good to see you're back!

P.s. Have they integrated the RS weekly challenge into the product?

The questions aren't aimed at anyone, I know TheJohnNewton is NDAed (You lucky bastard), just hope some will get answered eventually.

Now hook me up to the beta already!

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    sweet. Rocksmith cable support. No need for iphone upgrade.

(rewatched rocksmith+ video)

Originally Posted by randomas Go to original post
    Holy Carp, colour me surprised. I had all but given up on RS next gen!

The subscription model, I don't like but makes perfect sense, and honestly not doing it that way this day and age would have been bloody stupid. It'll probably cost us less than buying DLC anyway!

I love this game to bits and still play it on a PS3 as well (Peaved cause sony are closing the PS3 store, no more buy on ps3 and enjoy playing on all systems).

My pet peaves for this game were:

1) No recording playback of your performance, if you can't hear yourself play you can't tell where you suck, this bad, this very bad.
    Please tell me this got fixed.

2) no extended range 7 string guitar 5 string bass support.
    The new interface seems a lot more streamlined and modular does it allow for this now is it planned?

3) no marked vocals/vocal highway (can't have rest of family play karaoke while I play guitar).
    Looks like they've gone full on guitar e-learning only, please tell me I'm wrong!

4) Drums, Ok yess I want rock band 3 pro mode done right and there's no shame in that mkay!
    Not happening (right?), but I can dream.

5) Editors to do your own thing.
    Really happy with this, I hope they allow people to record and annotate their own songs, this would be so cool.

Really good to see you're back!

P.s. Have they integrated the RS weekly challenge into the product?

The questions aren't aimed at anyone, I know TheJohnNewton is NDAed (You lucky bastard), just hope some will get answered eventually.

Now hook me up to the beta already!
    Keep in mind they plan to add features and content regularly but for the current beta:

Re1: No recording of your performance is done

Re2: No extended range support currently

Re3: Do you mean scored singing or just displaying the lyrics? They do display lyrics.

Re4: No drum support currently

Re5: You can only add transcriptions for songs they have licenses for

Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton Go to original post
    Keep in mind they plan to add features and content regularly but for the current beta:

Re1: No recording of your performance is done

Re2: No extended range support currently

Re3: Do you mean scored singing or just displaying the lyrics? They do display lyrics.

Re4: No drum support currently

Re5: You can only add transcriptions for songs they have licenses for
    All the others I can live with, but n°1 is a big deal, and one of the major issues in RS2014, they took out relaying of performances and claimed the riff repeater made it impossible, but that's just plain ********. There's lots of possible solutions to that and hearing yourself play is just so darn important, for that reason alone the failed bandfuse is still superior to this day (in that regard at least).

Last question have they added the feature to the riff repeater where you can practice parts faster than full speed, that's another important and much requested feature.

For number 3 I meant scored singing, but I doubt it's happening.

5 I meant record a riff, transcribe it and practice it in riff repeater and maybe send it to your friends.

And thanks for the answers by the way,
     1 people found this helpful

All the others I can live with, but n°1 is a big deal, and one of the major issues in RS2014, they took out relaying of performances and claimed the riff repeater made it impossible, but that's just plain ********. There's lots of possible solutions to that and hearing yourself play is just so darn important, for that reason alone the failed bandfuse is still superior to this day (in that regard at least).

Last question have they added the feature to the riff repeater where you can practice parts faster than full speed, that's another important and much requested feature.

For number 3 I meant scored singing, but I doubt it's happening.

5 I meant record a riff, transcribe it and practice it in riff repeater and maybe send it to your friends.

And thanks for the answers by the way,
    Sorry to say none of those features are in the current beta.

I do know people record themselves (usually they are making a video to share on YouTube or the like) so you could do it yourself but it's not built in.

I was hoping you could create your own practice "riffs" and use them in riff repeater but to start creating a transcription you first pick a song from their list of licensed songs.

Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton Go to original post
    Sorry to say none of those features are in the current beta.

I do know people record themselves (usually they are making a video to share on YouTube or the like) so you could do it yourself but it's not built in.

I was hoping you could create your own practice "riffs" and use them in riff repeater but to start creating a transcription you first pick a song from their list of licensed songs.
    Yeah , I guessed as much, I do hope they see the light at least on the play back and introduce it cause it does make such a big difference. You really understand the difference between playing music and chasing notes (Big danger of RS).

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    There's lots of possible solutions to that and hearing yourself play is just so darn important,
    In case you didnt know, you can actually plug your guitar into your favorite real amp, and then play the game that way via your iphone.

So you are hearing yourself in an intimate situation as you can.

Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    In case you didnt know, you can actually plug your guitar into your favorite real amp, and then play the game that way via your iphone.

So you are hearing yourself in an intimate situation as you can.
    It's quite valuable to record yourself and listen back later when you're not playing and can really focus on what you sounded like.
     1 people found this helpful