🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    I would imagine the primary purpose of the beta is to look for MAJOR problems with the severs and the software ... got to see if it WORKS before having a bunch more songs to choose from. There is enough in the beta that I can get a feel for how things are working.

The more I use it ... yes, the GUI is the main issue, way to hard to see your stats at a glance. Like many others here I used the stats the same way .... sort by last time I played a song, completion rates etc. Don't want to have to click on every song to see that info.

I noticed the sample playback of a song is very spotty ... some play a clip when you click on them, many of them don't. Kind of makes it hard to pick a song you've never heard of and decide if you like it.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    i think the Rocksmith2014 songs have the lyrics and the menu upsell song clip in RS+. The new songs dont. Those must be bulk converted ones. And will take a human typing in lyrics etc.

Yep, I seem to be noticing a pattern like that.

Isn't there software out there now that will basically transcribe music into "musical data", frequency, note length, chords and probably even plot it on the fretboard in a reasonable fashion. I have a feeling they are going to feed thousands of songs into something like that and have it spit out the tracks ... then the note trackers will go through some of them each week and check for any gross errors, add technique indicators etc. Fine with me long as it works.

I noticed today it seems like they have altered the layout of the pages somewhat, now up top I get a list of recently played songs and below that my list of favorites ... so either they changed something or it just needed more play data from me to make it happen, either way it already makes it easier and quicker to find what I want, and to see what I just did ... although the basic stats for each song overlayed on the album graphics would be nice.

OldManRico's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    Rocksmith2014 = game
    Rocksmith+ = learning tool.

With that mindset you can own one or both.
    Sure thing. My point really is that since I approach Rocksmith as a game first, if there are no game-like features in R+ I've less incentive to subscribe to it.*

At the same time, my R2014 is getting more and more stagnant. Eventually, I'll be tired of the songs I have and no longer want to play it. That happens with many games of course, but I was hopeful that the promise of R+ would extend to giving me more songs to play rather than just play.

Learn-a-Song does give me a notice if I've improved my mastery or accuracy I suppose, but I really like the sounds and effects of Score Attack, and the whole streak/booster score aspect.

Maybe they could add on a basic scripting mechanism so I can write my own game mode.

* of course, it's entirely their prerogative if they want to reposition Rocksmith as only a learning tool rather than a game at all

Optimistic

1 Day of playing the beta so far:
    Overall, not impressed with a lot of the songlist so far--I know this will change, as there is supposed to be a lot more songs with the launch. I am impressed to see a lot of songs from one of my favorite bands that I'm frankly surprised anyone at Ubisoft even heard of: The Hellacopters (seriously rocking guitar parts, tasty riffs, fun solos to play!)

My biggest gripe so far is the difficulty in finding the songs I want to play: I don't like the way this menu is set up--it's like the Spotify home screen: showing me a lot of pop songs that I have no interest in, and no options to see all songs by artist, style, etc (that I could find at least). Hopefully they will launch with a lot more options for sorting and browsing the library.
     1 people found this helpful

im beta testing just now it has nearly 400 songs but i find none are worth even trying to learn...samba pa ti would be the only one ,,,and to be honest the others ive tried the transcription is rubbish

i agree nearly 400 songs and none worthy of playing ...should at least put some classics etc on the list...thats what subs would expect.....not the likes of...sweet home alabama...acoustic version etc

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    So Ubisoft is supposed to pay $50k licensing so some ubisoft beta testers can play Master of Puppets for 3 weeks?

And if your answer is you already played Master of Puppets 5 years ago, then your expectations will never be met.

Stick with cdlc.

Page 7 of 7 ◄◄  First ... 567