🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Rocksmith+ Subscription

Just curious if anyone has seen or heard any news regarding how much a subscription to Rocksmith+ once it releases? I signed up to become a Beta Tester, really hoping that I will be one of the lucky ones to give this new model a test drive. I followed the link given in the FAQ's "How much will a subscription to Rocksmith+ cost?" but saw no info there yet for this game. The new release does look and sound like an awesome update, looking forward to it.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by DeWayne355 Go to original post
    Just curious if anyone has seen or heard any news regarding how much a subscription to Rocksmith+ once it releases? I signed up to become a Beta Tester, really hoping that I will be one of the lucky ones to give this new model a test drive. I followed the link given in the FAQ's "How much will a subscription to Rocksmith+ cost?" but saw no info there yet for this game. The new release does look and sound like an awesome update, looking forward to it.
    $99.99 for 12 months, $39.99 for 3 months and $14.99 for one month

futile67's Avatar Senior Member
    Taken from a piece of news in the Ubisoft Connect app :

"Rocksmith+ will be available for $14.99 per month, $39.99 for a 3-month subscription, and $99.99 for a 12-month subscription. The subscription service provides free content updates that will add new songs weekly, as well as new modes, practice tools, and other features on a regular basis. Rocksmith+ has world premiere learning tools that takes the guesswork out of music mastery. But even the world’s premier music learning software needs to be fine-tuned for the millions of songs we plan to have down the road. So we’re inviting users to test it out free, and make our PC Closed Beta even better. Get a chance to test Rocksmith+ now by going to rocksmith.com/beta and registering. For more on Rocksmith+, stay tuned to the Ubisoft News Hub. Limited availability to select countries."
     2 people found this helpful

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    Millions of songs? Really???

In 10 years we’ve had around 1400 tracks and now they’re expecting us to believe they’re going to eventually have millions, if people keep subscribing.

Not seeing what this offers over what’s already been done before, Yousician etc…

Originally Posted by futile67 Go to original post
    Taken from a piece of news in the Ubisoft Connect app :

"Rocksmith+ will be available for $14.99 per month, $39.99 for a 3-month subscription, and $99.99 for a 12-month subscription. The subscription service provides free content updates that will add new songs weekly, as well as new modes, practice tools, and other features on a regular basis. Rocksmith+ has world premiere learning tools that takes the guesswork out of music mastery. But even the world’s premier music learning software needs to be fine-tuned for the millions of songs we plan to have down the road. So we’re inviting users to test it out free, and make our PC Closed Beta even better. Get a chance to test Rocksmith+ now by going to rocksmith.com/beta and registering. For more on Rocksmith+, stay tuned to the Ubisoft News Hub. Limited availability to select countries."
    Well they just suicided their game with that kind of price point. Also, the always online DRM is stupid and it's clear that they aren't going to give past players any sort of respect by letting us play the game offline with the content we've already paid for.
     2 people found this helpful

Unpopular opinion but I'm here for it. I'll happily pay the sub if the game feels supported.

I can't wait to stream it even. $15 is cheaper than lessons and If there comes ANY kind of co-op play with future patches I'll sub for life.
     3 people found this helpful

I'll continue to play my Rocksmith 2014 Remastered with all my DLC's and custom CDLC's for FREE, until they take that away of course. How soon do you think that will occur?

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    Never really bothered with CDLC, but I wonder if they’ll more actively try to stamp it out now?

I’ve seen nothing yet that makes me want to part with my money on a regular basis.

Happy to to be proved wrong over the coming months until it’s actually released, but not seeing anything that differentiates it substantially from any of the other both free and paid for guitar teaching options out there already.

The goal here is 'Spotify with Lessons' hence the 15$ price tag. A massive disappointment to me personally. They chose to ignore the huge draw of gamification and went full on Yousician instead. Makes sense for a complete beginner but there's not much for a seasoned player here.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    99/12 = $8.25 a month

You'll want to play the game for a year and not just for a month or 2.

We all know how DLC works. There are so many genres in music.
    They will release metal but it will be every cpl months.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►