🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    UbiInsulin's Avatar Community Manager

For Honor Community Survey

Greetings Warriors,

We would appreciate you taking a moment to complete a short survey. Your responses will help us to better identify the issues which matter most to our community and further improve the For Honor experience.

Thank you in advance,
    The For Honor Team

LINK: https://ubi.li/N0p7a
     1 people found this helpful

Done

MayanKingGaming's Avatar Senior Member
    done, and this survey for me is just a way to tell you, the worst problem for new players are CHEATERS AND BAD MATCHMAKING. But the scripters and cheaters are the most critical problem for newcomers and veterans alike, please improve the anticheat software, I cannot recommend this game if people like my friends get destroyed by scripters, they just unistalled the game, I cannot put the fault on them, I can´t promote this game for this, also its frustrating for me to encounter such cheap players, reported them to no effect. Even when its obvius like lag switching.
     3 people found this helpful

My responses

What changes can we make for you to give For Honor a higher rating?

Remove the hero reputation cap. The disadvantages of the hero reputation cap include:
    • Reduced loot rates. This makes life more difficult during events, loot fest, when the RNG is stubborn, and when new armour is released.
    • No more 100 steel from repping up.

Improve joining matches
    • Allow players to join Breach in the second phase so early leavers and disconnects don’t completely compromise the match.
    • Give players the option to rejoin a team match they got disconnected from. The option should have a reasonable timer.

Shift the focus from temporary content to permanent content:
    • Make expansions/lasting updates instead of temporary game modes and themes. Events can still be used to introduce the new content. Current game modes can have event themes but the themes should be added to the map theme rotation(e.g. rain, snow, day, night, etc.) when the event ends.
    • Limited-Time content needs to be permanent in some form, e.g. event content being permanently available in Legacy Bundles. The backlog of temporary content is huge and throwback events only happen once in a blue-moon so new players and those who took a break miss out for a very long time.
    • Remove the time limit from Battle Passes. They’re already paid for and have a progress track. Players should be allowed to purchase past Battle Passes and complete them in their own time. Players could either complete multiple pass tracks simultaneously or switch between tracks at any point for more control of their progression.
    • Add backstory content for new heroes. It would be a good way to introduce them. This could be a short campaign with voice acting and cutscenes. The developers can charge a premium on top of the current cost of the new hero if necessary, or make the backstory content a part of the Battle Bundles at no extra cost.
    • Release backstory content for old heroes each season. Again, this could be included in the Battle Bundles for added value.
    • All of For Honor’s lore needs to be available in-game for players to refer to and playable where possible(e.g. Arcade).
    • Update the campaign with the latest build of the game, including gameplay and visuals.

Arcade:
    This is more of a follow up to shifting more focus on permanent content. To me, Arcade is a boring experience as you are fighting bots with very little context. I only play it for the rewards and not the experience. So the suggestions are as follows:

• Add online matching to Arcade so Marching Fire owners no longer need to use friend invites for co-op. Of course, Marching Fire owners would only be matched with each other.
    • Rework Arcade so chapters from the campaign can be played by any hero. Original cutscenes and voice work can be omitted where necessary. Added scenes and voice overs would be a bonus.
    • If the developers decided to make playable backstory chapters for new and old heroes, then Arcade should allow these chapters to be playable with any hero.
    • Make chapters in For Honor’s lore playable. For example, the Battle of the Eclipse had a very romantic setting portrayed in the art, trailers, and menu screen. I would have loved to experience it.
    • Consider adding back the Responsive Dialogue System with toggle options to make quests more immersive.
    • I prefer the quest system to be replaced with the chapter format from the campaign so it feels like you’re playing through a story. Voice work and cutscenes should be included. In other words, Arcade quests should be an extension to the campaign.
    • To follow the previous comment, stop modifying small sections of multiplayer maps to create quests and use whole maps from the campaign instead. Add hidden items that contain lore(like from the campaign) and consider adding hidden bosses, encounters, and other secrets for special/bonus rewards.

What is an exciting feature in other games that you feel is missing in For Honor?

CROSSPLAY
    Crossplay and cross-platform progression(console to PC/PC to console).

8 PLAYER CO-OP
    I would like to see an 8 player co-op game mode, like 'Horde Mode' or ‘Raid’ for example, that would fulfill multiple medieval fantasies such as:

• the feel of being in a large battle
    • defending a castle from multiple sides against hordes of enemies(Horde) OR...
    • laying siege to a castle with a larger team(Raid)
    • the use of medieval/siege warfare such as commanding archers, using shield formations, pouring & lighting oil, using trenches, etc.
    • realtime use of siege engines such as ballistae, ballista bridges from the campaign, catapults/trebuchets, siege towers, etc.

The advantages of an 8 player co-op mode would include:
    • removing the stress and toxicity that comes with PvP game modes
    • playing in a larger team without the disadvantages of the lock-on system’s flaws
    • unbalanced matchmaking won’t hurt players as much
    • players are less likely to be on their own when their team becomes fragmented
    • use of old and new feats that wouldn’t be balanced to PvP

OTHER MISSING FEATURES
    • Emote Wheel to access more emotes.
    • More execution buttons could include: light attack, heavy attack, and D-pad
    • More loadouts for customisation. 10+ would be ideal. Optimise the loading times and data loads by only loading the selected loadout instead of everything. In other words, only load what is necessary for the match. If my information is wrong, why is it possible to create a new hero that adds 3 more loadouts to the system but it’s not possible to create more loadouts for existing heroes?
    • Combined effects - https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/co..._with_nextgen/

MayanKingGaming's Avatar Senior Member
    "The advantages of an 8 player co-op mode would include:
    removing the stress and toxicity that comes with PvP game modes
    playing in a larger team without the disadvantages of the lock-on system’s flaws
    unbalanced matchmaking won’t hurt players as much
    players are less likely to be on their own when their team becomes fragmented
    use of old and new feats that wouldn’t be balanced to PvP"

THIS CONTRIBUTION FROM SOLDIER OF DAWN IS REALLY INTERESTING UBI

Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Dawn Go to original post
    What changes can we make for you to give For Honor a higher rating?

Remove the hero reputation cap. The disadvantages of the hero reputation cap include:
    • Reduced loot rates. This makes life more difficult during events, loot fest, when the RNG is stubborn, and when new armour is released.
    • No more 100 steel from repping up.

Improve joining matches
    • Allow players to join Breach in the second phase so early leavers and disconnects don’t completely compromise the match.
    • Give players the option to rejoin a team match they got disconnected from. The option should have a reasonable timer.

Shift the focus from temporary content to permanent content:
    • Make expansions/lasting updates instead of temporary game modes and themes. Events can still be used to introduce the new content. Current game modes can have event themes but the themes should be added to the map theme rotation(e.g. rain, snow, day, night, etc.) when the event ends.
    • Limited-Time content needs to be permanent in some form, e.g. event content being permanently available in Legacy Bundles. The backlog of temporary content is huge and throwback events only happen once in a blue-moon so new players and those who took a break miss out for a very long time.
    • Remove the time limit from Battle Passes. They’re already paid for and have a progress track. Players should be allowed to purchase past Battle Passes and complete them in their own time. Players could either complete multiple pass tracks simultaneously or switch between tracks at any point for more control of their progression.
    • Add backstory content for new heroes. It would be a good way to introduce them. This could be a short campaign with voice acting and cutscenes. The developers can charge a premium on top of the current cost of the new hero if necessary, or make the backstory content a part of the Battle Bundles at no extra cost.
    • Release backstory content for old heroes each season. Again, this could be included in the Battle Bundles for added value.
    • All of For Honor’s lore needs to be available in-game for players to refer to and playable where possible(e.g. Arcade).
    • Update the campaign with the latest build of the game, including gameplay and visuals.

Arcade:
    This is more of a follow up to shifting more focus on permanent content. To me, Arcade is a boring experience as you are fighting bots with very little context. I only play it for the rewards and not the experience. So the suggestions are as follows:

• Add online matching to Arcade so Marching Fire owners no longer need to use friend invites for co-op. Of course, Marching Fire owners would only be matched with each other.
    • Rework Arcade so chapters from the campaign can be played by any hero. Original cutscenes and voice work can be omitted where necessary. Added scenes and voice overs would be a bonus.
    • If the developers decided to make playable backstory chapters for new and old heroes, then Arcade should allow these chapters to be playable with any hero.
    • Make chapters in For Honor’s lore playable. For example, the Battle of the Eclipse had a very romantic setting portrayed in the art, trailers, and menu screen. I would have loved to experience it.
    • Consider adding back the Responsive Dialogue System with toggle options to make quests more immersive.
    • I prefer the quest system to be replaced with the chapter format from the campaign so it feels like you’re playing through a story. Voice work and cutscenes should be included. In other words, Arcade quests should be an extension to the campaign.
    • To follow the previous comment, stop modifying small sections of multiplayer maps to create quests and use whole maps from the campaign instead. Add hidden items that contain lore(like from the campaign) and consider adding hidden bosses, encounters, and other secrets for special/bonus rewards.

What is an exciting feature in other games that you feel is missing in For Honor?

CROSSPLAY
    Crossplay and cross-platform progression(console to PC/PC to console).

8 PLAYER CO-OP
    I would like to see an 8 player co-op game mode, like 'Horde Mode' or ‘Raid’ for example, that would fulfill multiple medieval fantasies such as:

• the feel of being in a large battle
    • defending a castle from multiple sides against hordes of enemies(Horde) OR...
    • laying siege to a castle with a larger team(Raid)
    • the use of medieval/siege warfare such as commanding archers, using shield formations, pouring & lighting oil, using trenches, etc.
    • realtime use of siege engines such as ballistae, ballista bridges from the campaign, catapults/trebuchets, siege towers, etc.

The advantages of an 8 player co-op mode would include:
    • removing the stress and toxicity that comes with PvP game modes
    • playing in a larger team without the disadvantages of the lock-on system’s flaws
    • unbalanced matchmaking won’t hurt players as much
    • players are less likely to be on their own when their team becomes fragmented
    • use of old and new feats that wouldn’t be balanced to PvP

OTHER MISSING FEATURES
    • Emote Wheel to access more emotes.
    • More execution buttons could include: light attack, heavy attack, and D-pad
    • More loadouts for customisation. 10+ would be ideal. Optimise the loading times and data loads by only loading the selected loadout instead of everything. In other words, only load what is necessary for the match. If my information is wrong, why is it possible to create a new hero that adds 3 more loadouts to the system but it’s not possible to create more loadouts for existing heroes?
    • Combined effects - https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/co..._with_nextgen/

Great way to fill the page with your answer. I just put FIX YOUR GAME and left 🤣🤣🤣jk