🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Raider rework

I made a rework of the Raider, since the developers are going to fix it in a bit. These are my ideas on how to fix it.
    The post I posted on r/CompetitiveForHonor I leave the link for those who would like to read it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...ork_soon_so_i/
     2 people found this helpful

Just give him a neutral bash or unblockable that isn't zone. The unfortunate reality is that all characters need one of these. Ez

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    You definitely did a lot of research and work on this. Nice one!

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    You definitely did a lot of research and work on this. Nice one!
    Thank you, I hope these changes can be accepted by the developers.

Raider is a Jurassic character in the game, and deserves better.
    I hope JC has some enlightened ideas like he had the last ones.

And after he's moralized, i hope he does a better Jormungandr.
     1 people found this helpful

IDK why everyone think Raider is not ok. He just have to whiff a light and boom he has access to everything. Maybe make his light opneners enhanced so.
    He even have something to deal with OS and bashes in form of his storming tap.
    The only buff I would give to it is to make it undodgeble so it can counter parries on side heavies and dodges.
    I use him in duels and I win quit consistently.
    I use him in 4s and I sometimes even get double kills with his zone. His unlock grabbing bash thing is also alright.

Awesome work! The new chains are especially intuitive, I like them a lot.

I think that light chain starters should be Enhanced, and light and heavy finisher recoveries should be cancelable with a dodge (potential storming tap) to keep up the pressure but also provide a risk factor since storming tap isn't the hardest to block/parry. All in all you came up with some great ideas. Zone into Zone is really unique so it would make Raider stand out from the rest of the Heroes.

I genuinely hope that your ideas will be used by the devs because without Lawbringer, Warden and Valkyrie I would probably be a Raider main.

Also, replace his unique tier 4, slippery with a feat which is actually useful.

Maybe also make all of his lights 500ms.
    Make his unblockable zone better, dealing at least 24 damage and with only 100ms GB vulnerability.

I don't think he needs a rework just some buffs and quality of live changes.

Originally Posted by Tio_Croc Go to original post
    Maybe also make all of his lights 500ms.
    Make his unblockable zone better, dealing at least 24 damage and with only 100ms GB vulnerability.

I don't think he needs a rework just some buffs and quality of live changes.
    24 damage is too little for a 900ms zone. It must be 25 damage and up.

The stamina cost of the zones has been changed to 20stm on both his zones "Raider's Storm" and "Raider's Fury".

Because I realised that even though I had lowered the stamina consumption on the zones, the values I had chosen before were still too high ("Raider's Storm": 40stm, Raider's Fury": 24stm). I have now corrected this error and their stamina consumption is now 20stm for both zones.

With the values that were there before the Raider would have been an undersized hero due to the fact that I forgot that you had to add 15stm for each time you perform a GB.

I'll give you an example below:

Raider's Storm 40stm + GB 15stm + Raider's Storm 40stm = 25dmg 95stm