🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #1
    Gaser.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,455

    Any infos about when conq gets reworked?

    Like dont get me wrong he is not weak but strong in all the wrong places.


    He is a hyper defensive mess.



    Also really not want to play that much after coming back from 6 weeks of not playing and having all my match ruined by conqs that decide to do nothing more then be hyper defensive and option select themself out of any pressure.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    No Ideia... But i do see your point.
    As I sad before, the Conqueror is lame to play with him and against him. He's super defensive, and his core (without feints) forces him to repeat and repeat the same thing over and over again...

    Its Super Lame...Strong Hero, but Lame...
    Share this post

  3. #3
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,426
    Omg do we ever need Conq reworked. He is such a mess in duels. Incredibly unfun to fight against. Basically a free win for any competent player that uses him.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    The cool thing is that even after OS's are addressed conq will still have some strong defensive tools to option select with. Conq, BP, and Nobu all have some character specific ones that aren't going to go away after the TG. Though maybe regular players won't be as annoyed by conq after that since zone OS won't work anymore.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    In a decent amount of situations it will be the same though. As long as they don't throw a unblockable, you can still just throw out zone and it's essentially the same as doing an option select. Just less damage
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by deathtocakl Go to original post
    In a decent amount of situations it will be the same though. As long as they don't throw a unblockable, you can still just throw out zone and it's essentially the same as doing an option select. Just less damage
    Well yeah he'll still be able to stuff some situations thanks to retaining the superior block effect. But he won't be able to parry with it anymore. Which is the important part of zone option selects. What i'm talking about with conq is how he still has superior block on his heavies. Since he can parry on light timing and be wrong but still block an attack and potentially land a heavy.

    Nobushi will be able to soft feint a neutral heavy into hidden stance by going for light parry timing. Either the light is parried or she'll avoid the attack with hidden stance.

    And BP will still be able to dodge select via dodging on light timing and inputting bulwark at the same time. Either he avoids the attack or flips it.

    I could be missing a few other character specific OS's but these are the three that I can think of off the top of my head.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Knight_Raime Go to original post
    Well yeah he'll still be able to stuff some situations thanks to retaining the superior block effect. But he won't be able to parry with it anymore. Which is the important part of zone option selects. What i'm talking about with conq is how he still has superior block on his heavies. Since he can parry on light timing and be wrong but still block an attack and potentially land a heavy.

    Nobushi will be able to soft feint a neutral heavy into hidden stance by going for light parry timing. Either the light is parried or she'll avoid the attack with hidden stance.

    And BP will still be able to dodge select via dodging on light timing and inputting bulwark at the same time. Either he avoids the attack or flips it.

    I could be missing a few other character specific OS's but these are the three that I can think of off the top of my head.
    Dunno if you count soft feints. Pk heavies, jj heavies, Valk heavies, highlander just holding heavy and instantly canceling it lol
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by deathtocakl Go to original post
    Dunno if you count soft feints. Pk heavies, jj heavies, Valk heavies, highlander just holding heavy and instantly canceling it lol
    The main thing about character specific ones is they more or less still allow you to parry. BP's is just cheating a little because his flip is a special parry. That HL one is charged parries which got nerfed awhile back so they're not really worth doing now.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    The highlander one doesnt work anymore really, you can still get guard broken and the time to enter offensive stance was increased so you cant cancel to parry or dodge the heavy in time unless its a long one like a hito fully charged heavy.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #10
    I guess this is what happens when you accidentally quit for 2 years
    Share this post