🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    UBI-Zuzu's Avatar Community Manager

FOCUSED FEEDBACK: What's your preferred way to play Legion of the Dead?

Do you team up with friends or go at it solo? Do you play in public lobbies or do you prefer a private one?

We want to hear how you play this mode, your preferences, and any feedback you have around private/public play team matchmaking. If you haven't tried public matchmaking yet, give it a try over the next couple of days and let us know what you think!
     1 people found this helpful

I usually play in public lobbies when none of my mates are around. When I do, I take point and give a few rules for the team to follow. First, stay together at all times. Second, conserve your bullets. Third, upgrades are the priority. Fourth, call out what you get from the crates. I like to treat the mode similarly to L4D. Never split up, watch out for each other, and always look to power up your arsenal. There's usually supply packages in the bases where upgrades can be found, so unless there's a package we can take without any risk or time lost, we go to get some gear first. Afterwards, we look around to see if the base has any vehicles, then move on. Most of the time, we make it to extraction with ten or so minutes to spare.

The matchmaking system is good, although there is one odd bug I've noticed many times. When a player joins at the exact moment that the game begins, they'll often spawn in another locations on the other side of the map, far away from us. They'll be without any supplies and will usually die before we can find a car to pick them up. Surprisingly, some of the random people I've played as have come with some excellent outfits. It's a shame that some of their clothing cannot be purchased in WDL.

I tend to go solo or with a single partner, as most people tend to not play it with a mic and refuse to listen to directions, leading to them running face first into a horde and getting downed. Depending on if I get a cargo drone at the beginning, I play a bit differently, but I have a heavy reliance on Melee. It saves on ammo and if you can time it correctly, they can never even hit you.

I usually like to play solo or with someone I already know. I've tried public matchmaking a handful of times, but in many cases I get paired with teammates who tend to leave the session after failing once or twice. I've found a few decent players though. One thing that would be nice is if other players could join a session that's already started, as in Online co-op missions and tactical ops.

For my playstyle, I've found it generally works best to only kill zombies when necessary (I kill them with either headshots or melee). I tweak my strategy based on what gadgets I currently have, but in most cases if I'm on foot and the zombies aren't too dense I can sprint right past all of them, and if one gets me I can usually run away and go somewhere relatively safe to recover health, then repeat. I've found I have to tread more carefully in enemy bases, as human enemies and riot drones can do seemingly more damage than in the main game, and health recovery is considerably slower.

secretzrus's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd like to play with a group but when I log on to play, I'm usually forced to go solo because apparently, no one is up around that time. On the rare occasion, I do manage to find others, they're usually running off to do their own thing, usually getting downed by a horde and either causing me to die trying to save them or have the mission fail because I couldn't reach them in time.

Because I tend to play alone, I tend to try and be sneaky, avoiding hordes when I can, although I will do dirty stuff like opening gates to Albion or Clan Kelly bases so I can sneak in and grab their stuff amidst all the chaos. I do think there should be a timeless mode for solo players that don't have to feel they have to rush to beat the clock and wind up making dumb mistakes.

Add to choose our own characters from online just for the look. Then if some don't have them then he can have option just for a random to choose in the end what he want from random list. Then new rewards rank up wuold bee cool to have that gives more ways to collect some new cool outfits and maybe even some new weapons from this rewards. Also running zombie its bad when they are faster then you and there is nothing you can do,slow them little bit or add option for melee contra-attack so that you can excape from them on time without getting damaged from them. Also mini bosses from soldiers to zombies they can guard some collectables. So that can bee more interesting. Progression that we have after playing on some specific character we need option to save this progression in order to transfer this specific character in your online with influence points or something like this. So that this bonus mod also bee some end game mod for online that we all love to play and to have some type of progression. Also we need some new mod that is more like arena having more ammo bud shoot more zombies and to bee like 7-10 rounds, and in every round to have 30sec to get ammo and maybe new weapons and then move to next round. And in the end of last round a boss fight we can have rewards to get outfits from real money store but just 1 random part of clothing like hat or jacket. So that we have some way of farming this clothing if we are good enough players. Or maybe add some new outfits that we can't buy but we can get them from this big bosses and every player can see how badass you are in zombie mod...Also when some player is dead we don't loosing the game its end when we are all dead this is how wuold make more sense. Its just dead players get less points and alive get more. And 1 last thing playing without mask we need that in single-player and online, this option is always welcome.

UBI-Zuzu's Avatar Community Manager
    Thank you very much to all of you who shared all the feedback so far! It was duly noted,

And keep it coming, of course!
     1 people found this helpful

After playing a few times (on PC), I noticed a few things:

-Cars breaks down to fast
    -When I drive the car very fast, first it seems the streets are clear and all of the sudden a horde of zombies will out of the blue spawn right in front of me, making it impossible to avoid hitting them with the car and obviously the car just breaks like this.
    -The game seems unbalanced because you can have a random player start with something very good (invisibility, spawn a car, rifle, etc) and the other 3 starts with a light melee weapon? Very unfair, the problem with the randomness is that the game does not adjust depending of the starting items you get, the problem is that it is too random, a lot of players just quick in the beginning after seeing their item.
    -The lag on PC is again bad, really bad, liek the main game's online mode, the netcode really need some ironing and extra options, like what is the matchmaking doing? Are the people from your same country? Same ping? Same performance? what are the priorities for the matchmaking? Can we have an option to avoid playing with people with high ping and choose to have priority on local (same country) players?
    -NPC are really silly when attacking zombies (albion, etc.) most of the time they will not fire and just watch their team mates die, they need to be more aggressive against the zombies.

I go solo because none of my friends want to play this mode, I am too kinda lazy to try but big fan of the base-game and online mode so I did, and wowzer I dislike it very much just because one reason, I can't use any of the operatives I recruited in the online mode, you know some of us went hundreds of hours recruiting operatives, we just want those hours not wasted completely in the new mode, as for now I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone

Solo mostly or with people I know.

Solo play all the way.

Every time I play in public.

Please no auto fail. Why is there auto fail? Stop acting like people can't hold their own, just cause one teammate dies. I mean lots of people like to roll solo soooo. There is no difference in difficulty from solo and team play.

1. Matchmaking takes so long people leave before we can get 4 people.

2.People want to leave when we get 8 boxes, when we have around 15 minutes left. I mean come on we can get nearly everything with that amount of time left if we don't act stupid.

3.People run off on their own and die and get mad at the rest of the team. Now I don't have a problem with running off on your own as long your skill level is high enough to hold your own.

4. People like to purposely fail the mission by jumping off of high places or hold the game up by running off when we get to the extraction points or don't move at all when the round starts. Having a bot filler for "idle" players would be cool.

5 I don't need or care to use a mic or to hear other people using a mic. I need to hear the sound ques coming from the game. Getting those interrupted by a bunch of noisy meat flaps gets annoying.

Games mechanic is another story.