🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #1

    Something has to change, you can't play like that anymore.

    It's just annoying! You can not play like that
    Every time, really every time. About every week there is an update to the PC version, it is impossible to play like this. Every time you want to open Ubisoft Connect and start playing it is simply impossible because there is an update one more time!!!! And the updates are really not small each update weighs in the 18-20 GB range and it takes hours to download, not all of us have 1Gb high speed internet.
    Do not get me wrong, I'm in favor of updates and bug fixes, but please take a break for a month, let's play for a few days in a row without updates.
    Or another suggestion: that you release one update per month which is large and small updates of 1-2GB if possible.

    It takes all the fun out of playing like that, having all these updates!
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I second that, I also have a limited internet (speed and data cap)

    Sadly Ubisoft in most of their games deliver updates like that almost 20GB in size each

    When Ubisoft games were on Steam like AC Odyssey for example the update size on Uplay would be around 18GB and on Steam it would only be like 5GB

    So yeah whatever method Ubi delivers their updates, it is notoriously bad
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    For me, It took 12 minutes for the update. But yes, not everyone has high speed internet access.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by RobertEmerald Go to original post
    For me, It took 12 minutes for the update. But yes, not everyone has high speed internet access.
    Okay so I've figured it. You are Bill Gates

    I'm going to download the whole game and all updates over tonight. Had a problem saving my settings.

    Have you guys who want to postpone your updates> tried pressing the X on the right of where it says Allocating disk space(before it finishes that process). I'm sure it worked for me to play Campaign. Test it if you get chance. It would be useful to know.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by gaqo421 Go to original post
    Have you guys who want to postpone your updates> tried pressing the X on the right of where it says Allocating disk space(before it finishes that process). I'm sure it worked for me to play Campaign. Test it if you get chance. It would be useful to know.
    Unfortunately since I'm solely playing Online after I have completed the campaign months ago, what you suggest most likely won't help me.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by A.M.R. Go to original post
    I second that, I also have a limited internet (speed and data cap)

    Sadly Ubisoft in most of their games deliver updates like that almost 20GB in size each

    When Ubisoft games were on Steam like AC Odyssey for example the update size on Uplay would be around 18GB and on Steam it would only be like 5GB

    So yeah whatever method Ubi delivers their updates, it is notoriously bad
    That explains why you don't want players to die because of your internet cap lol. Sussed
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by A.M.R. Go to original post
    Unfortunately since I'm solely playing Online after I have completed the campaign months ago, what you suggest most likely won't help me.
    That's why I was wondering if it would work for online players. It just gives you the option to postpone until overnight. If it doesn't work for online, then it could be a potential option they could add.

    I think even if you don't have limited download speeds, I get where the OP is coming from. You just want to play and have to wait.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Yea, giga patches. Nothing get fixed.

    Still screen tearing
    Still audio bugs
    Still crashes
    Still physics bugs
    Still infinite loading
    Still operatives disappearing

    And now we have new ones

    Mina still broken
    Time fowarding from deep profiler not working
    Misleading dailies

    Why this game didnt had same punishment like cyberpunk punk did?
    Game is broken. Already 9 months. This shouldnt be acceptable.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    InsaneDriver36's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    134
    Sorry to hear about the updates affecting game time. Not fun I can imagine if playing the game online. Offline, no issues, just hop right into the game and play with zero update interruptions until I'm ready for the next update.

    I wonder if they added an option for gamers to ignore updates but still play online, how that might or might not affect other players or the online servers? More potential issues I guess.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    how to make money with trash games....please contact ubisoft
    Share this post