Problem with Assassin's Creed 2 Uplay Rewards

Recently I bought Assassin's Creed 2 on Steam, when I was playing it I remembered about the Altaïr skin which can be unlocked as an Uplay reward, but that can no longer be the case due to Ubisoft Connect taking over and unlocking all rewards. As a result, when I try to go check if I have Altaïr's skin unlocked, it doesn't show up in the outfits section of the inventory, and in the main menu, if I go to extras and try to click on exclusive content, it says "Logging in to Ubisoft server", staying frozen until I forcibly quit the game.
    My second worry is that if Altaïr's robes aren't available due to this, neither will the Auditore crypt reward.

Another thing that might be worth noting, if on Ubisoft Connect, I go to my games, and then click on Assassin's Creed 2, instead of showing "Play", it shows "Update" (Clicking on Update still runs the game normally through Steam). I own several AC games on Ubisoft, but AC2 is the only one that doesn't show rewards next to where the "play" button would be, just blank, all it shows is "Show key", "Properties", and "Support".

Verifying game files works through Steam works just fine, however, Ubisoft Connect fails to validate the files, telling me to re-install the game. Something I'd rather not do out of fear that it might delete my save file.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.
     1 people found this helpful

Assassin’s creed II DELUXE EDITION (UPLAY)

Deluxe version of the game There is no access to additional content in the game. Altair costume, Auditore family crypt.

mr_law_9019's Avatar Junior Member
    As per their official news, Ubisoft ceased their support for their old games, including AC2. I, too, am currently replaying AC2 and yes, the unlockables are locked even though I am playing the Deluxe edition.

I'm using my old save file to unlock it. Here you can use my old save file from my old, forgotten account. Good thing I have a backup and only AC2 was in my old Uplay account.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bplsw.../ACII.zip/file

It will activate the Templar lairs, Auditore tomb, Altair outfit, & extra knives. It will not replace your existing progress save.

As usual backup your save files first just to be sure!

To use the save and synchronized with the cloud:

1. Leave Cloud sync enabled
    2. start the game, and while in the menu, minimize the game
    3. replace 2.save (the smaller file) if you have any then exit the game.
    4. It should upload the new saves on the Cloud.
    5. Restart game to see if it worked.

save file location:
    [installation location]\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Unique ubisoft ID code]\4

It just doesn't work for me, i already contact with ubisoft support but they literally tell that they can't do anything about it

mr_law_9019's Avatar Junior Member
    I forgot to say that you can access the Auditore crypt after Sequence 5.

As for the Templar Lairs in Venice, you can access them when you go to Venice the first time. For the Florence Templar lair, finish all story missions in Florence.

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey guys!

I've merged your threads here as they're noting the same missing content.

For those who've owned the game longer - did you find this happening after the servers closed on June 1st?

We're still waiting official confirmation from the team as to what content is expected to remain accessible following the closure, so we'll keep you guys in the loop when we have more news on that one.

Thank you!