🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #11
    Yes I can agree with that.

    Dominion is more than Takedowns, and that's what I see a lot. I see many players completely ignoring the primary objectives, to be fighting in places that are pointless.

    I think it is a consequence of the lack of knowledge and training.

    There are "rules" for successful Ganks, which prevent many mistakes that follow, and which become crucial. Both in Offensive Ganks and Defensive Ganks.

    And I confess, not being a duelist, just playing with clear goals and strategy, I always get good scores in Dominion.

    You don't need super duelists to win in dominion.

    I used to be in a team, where we all had between 2 to 4 Takedowns...10 deaths +/-... The opposing team all had more than 15 Takedowns, and my team won.

    Dominions are gained with Zones and strategy. Not with Takedowns.
    Takedowns are an imperative but secondary goal.
    Share this post

  2. #12
    Originally Posted by Goat_of_Vermund Go to original post
    I find Breach games relatively quickly, as well as Duels, Brawls and Dominion. I am in the EU though, US PC population might be smaller.

    Shaman is a hero who relies on your team mates, she is an awesome ganker if your team has brains. So, not a good choice for pug. Same goes for glad. I would suggest trying a hero who is good for 1vmany, like Gryphon, JJ or bp.

    Most importantly, forget they ouunouuur rules.
    Agreed. Assassins really aren't made for engaging more than one opponent at a time (maybe two). Any more than that, and it will depend on player skill and/or support from your team. Pretty much any of other classes are going to be better choices in most of the 4v4 modes.
    Share this post

  3. #13
    Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    Yes I can agree with that.

    Dominion is more than Takedowns, and that's what I see a lot. I see many players completely ignoring the primary objectives, to be fighting in places that are pointless.

    I think it is a consequence of the lack of knowledge and training.

    There are "rules" for successful Ganks, which prevent many mistakes that follow, and which become crucial. Both in Offensive Ganks and Defensive Ganks.

    And I confess, not being a duelist, just playing with clear goals and strategy, I always get good scores in Dominion.

    You don't need super duelists to win in dominion.

    I used to be in a team, where we all had between 2 to 4 Takedowns...10 deaths +/-... The opposing team all had more than 15 Takedowns, and my team won.

    Dominions are gained with Zones and strategy. Not with Takedowns.
    Takedowns are an imperative but secondary goal.
    Agreed. From what I've noticed, no matter what the game mode is, the only thing that most people seem to care about is increasing their kill count. They basically ignore the game mode's objective(s) in favor of killing anything on the enemy team that moves. The only problem being, with game modes like dominion, getting kills is not how you win; controlling the zones is.

    If all these people care about is kills, then they should go play game modes where killing is the objective, like skirmish or elimination (that would probably help bring those modes back to life).
    Share this post

  4. #14
    UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,638
    Originally Posted by S1r_Sm0k3al0t Go to original post
    This game is definitely becoming unplayable and not enjoyable anymore. I am not sure what is worse the trash server or the constant gankfest in the game. Both issues making this game unplayable and where I can not even enjoy the game anymore. This game went from being a good competitive combat battle game to arcade style bashing game with constant ganking. No more competitive just one big gankfest.


    Another I have noticed is that the PC version Dominion aka GankParty is the only playlist that actually has activity Dual sometimes has some activity but like Breach pretty much non existence. However Xbox version has more playlist that are pretty active not just Dominion.


    I am actually thinking bout trying out Chivalry 2 went it comes out until Ubisoft actually fixed this garbage server which I will not hold my breath on. For Honor had a good run maybe they will fix their issues.
    Hi there.

    In regards to the server issues you've encountered, are you simply referring to queue times or is there another server problem you're having?
    Share this post

  5. #15
    I find it extremely hilarious that some of you are making lame excuses for the gankfest which I kinda predicted. If players have to gank maybe the need to reevaluate their skills and stop relying on other players to win their battles. Like i said this game lost it competitive edge a long time ago no skill base just one big bashing arcade game.

    I am PC in the US I have no idea where the servers are are. I don't mind playing dominion is just the constant ganking is annoying as hell especially when you can not defend it because of horrible latency.

    Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    Hi there.

    In regards to the server issues you've encountered, are you simply referring to queue times or is there another server problem you're having?
    I have been complaining about the server issues for years and yall still aint listening. It is been the same issues I have been nothing has changed yall don't care or at least Ubisoft. You guys care more about fixing the game when the servers have the issues.

    I am constantly having bad latency issues especially in competitive battles and don't help when I have getting attack by a whole team. Sometimes I also get disconnects and sometimes the lag is so bad I can't even do anything. Like I said yall not gonna do anything.
    Share this post

  6. #16
    The fact that you refused to respond to any of the legitimate discussion points being made and simply restated your opening statement shows a lack of depth to your argument and hints at a refusal to acknowledge you could be wrong. Ganking is 100% apart of the game and is as legitimate as any mechanic you will find within said game. The fact that you can't even acknowledge that and instead choose to lash out at people who do gank is insecurity 101.

    Now if you wanted to say that ganking might be too strong because of X Y or Z aspects that's a discussion that can be had. But as it looks you simply just refuse to learn how to play and cast blame elsewhere.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #17
    The point that your still making lame excuses for ganking just show how bad this game has become. This game USE to be about skill and competitiveness not anymore things change I guess now its a arcade style bashing game some games turn out that way. I came to this game because of its unique gameplay, the competitive combat, the edge that it brought and the skill of it. For awhile it has definitely failed in all aspects.

    However I do not have a hug problem with ganking its just very frustrating to counter it when this server is complete garbage. I actually congrats to people that can counter ganking it must be awesome for everything to work correctly.

    The other issue is my latency is so horrible that other skilled players can usually predict my moves but anytime I try to block or counter not registers.
    Share this post

  8. #18
    In my opinion 400 ms on zerk are a little bit unfair. And hyper armour on them is kinda op...I mean it's ultra easy n easy mode... not ever rep 1 with win and I won 10 games 3-1 and lost 3 games.. Its not easy?
    Share this post

  9. #19
    Originally Posted by FoxyVi Go to original post
    In my opinion 400 ms on zerk are a little bit unfair. And hyper armour on them is kinda op...I mean it's ultra easy n easy mode... not ever rep 1 with win and I won 10 games 3-1 and lost 3 games.. Its not easy?
    Well...lets see Foxy.. One thing is for sure, Zerker side and forward dashs openers (lights and heavy) are real easy parrys right now...
    Share this post

  10. #20
    MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,426
    Originally Posted by S1r_Sm0k3al0t Go to original post
    The point that your still making lame excuses for ganking just show how bad this game has become. This game USE to be about skill and competitiveness not anymore things change I guess now its a arcade style bashing game some games turn out that way. I came to this game because of its unique gameplay, the competitive combat, the edge that it brought and the skill of it. For awhile it has definitely failed in all aspects.

    However I do not have a hug problem with ganking its just very frustrating to counter it when this server is complete garbage. I actually congrats to people that can counter ganking it must be awesome for everything to work correctly.

    The other issue is my latency is so horrible that other skilled players can usually predict my moves but anytime I try to block or counter not registers.
    Excuses?

    Dude. Dominion is a 4v4 objective based game mode. Ganking is a viable tactic to keep the enemy team suppressed.

    Be mad at your teammates for never being with you.

    Be mad at yourself for always fighting alone.

    Don't be mad at the game mode that operates as intended and don't be mad at players who point out the obvious to you.

    "I've been complaining about servers for years and you still ain't listening".

    Perhaps you just have poor internet?

    Personally, I have 1GB download speeds (top tier internet) and I am wired in via ethernet.

    For Honor requires a top tier connection and even then there will still be issues. It's an online game. It happens.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post