Easy and Definitive Xinput Controller Fix.

Hi friends,

I have created a definitive fix for Conviction as many users who have Xinput controllers have issues with Conviction (buttons mapped wrong, triggers as camera panning, etc...).

This does not use X360CE, Xinput Plus or anything like that as those methods aren't elegant and are bloated.

These approaches are wrong, fiddly and cumbersome. Conviction doesn't actually use Xinput properly and only uses it to enumerate X360 controllers.

Download the package.

Extract to the SYSTEM folder of Conviction (same dir as Conviction_Game.exe)

Overwrite the ProfileDefaultsPC.ini with the one in the package.

Deliver some fifth freedom on your controller of choice.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14lU...ew?usp=sharing

This has been tested on Xbox One Wireless Controller, DualShock 4, and 8BitDo SF30 Pro.

Q: Why do I need to overwrite the ProfileDefaultsPC.ini?

A: Because there are entries for LOGITECH and SAITEK controllers which have been removed. When Conviction doesn't detect an X360 controller it falls back to the LOGITECH type. Hence the removal of those entries.

---------

Share this with friends but don't be a degenerate and claim credit for that which you did not do.

Followed your Instruction

I've followed your instruction, but, still with the same problem. Is, there anyone having this same issue? Was there even a fix for this problem?

I'll test this later today out of curiosity,

Did not work. everything is still ******. specifically all the same problems as before. start is still fire weapon right trigger is still reload etc.

Can you confirm the following:

1. That the controller you are using is an Xinput device or if supports multiple connection modes is set to Xinput?

2. If you have used any previous solution or fix that is out there in the wild, make sure it didn't leave behind any kind of xinput DLLs in the system directory of SC:C. Many solutions around employ the use of X360CE in some form which uses a wrapped xinput1_3.dll. If this DLL is present it takes priority over the DLL supplied in the fix I have. This DLL doesn't come with SC:C by default so no harm is there in removing it. Please confirm you do not have xinput1_3.dll present.

Originally Posted by LLonnie Go to original post
    I've followed your instruction, but, still with the same problem. Is, there anyone having this same issue? Was there even a fix for this problem?
    Please read the post above this. There is really only two possibilities why this isn't working for you.

Dollars to donuts if you've employed a previous fix you have a rogue xinput1_3.dll lurking in the exe dir. Get rid of it.