🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Game Crashes when trying to login to Uplay at start screen

So basically my game just crashes straight away whenever I open it. As soon as it tries to login into Uplay at the start screen it crashes. I am unable to get to any of the in game settings to see if any changes made there would alleviate the problem. I've lowered all the ingame graphics and such to low via NVIDIA Geforce Experience so I do not believe its any type of resource issue. i've tried running the game as administrator and launching both Steam and Uplay as adminstrator, but nothing has helped.

Ubi-Baron's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Thank you for contacting us, TheLordMartial.

Just to confirm, this happens as soon as you open Ubisoft Connect or just when the game is launched? If you open Ubisoft Connect alone does it crash as well?

Just the game alone. Ubisoft Connect functions as it should. The issue only seems to happen with this game.

Game crashing after some minutes

I've been facing a problem while playing FarCry 5. After running the game for some minutes, some multicolored squares (artifacts) appear on my screen (in a progressive way, more and more artifacts), getting the game to crash and close itself. Some useful observations:

1. The time between starting playing and crashing the game reduces if I try to play immediately again, or if I use other "heavy" apps before playing the game (it's like from 10 or 15 minutes to 3 minutes).
    2. The artifacts stop appearing (or at least decrease their frequence) if I stop moving my character.
    3. I've already played FarCry 5 almost 2 years ago, and I didn't have a similar problem that time.
    4. I had a problem almost similar with Fortnite some weeks ago, and it was solved by cleaning the game cache. I would be grateful if someone teaches me how to empty FarCry 5's cache. Maybe it's the solution, but, please, focus on the most correct solution for my issue, treat the cache mission as an additional one.

PC specifications:
    Processor: I7 7700
    Graphics card: GTX 1070
    RAM Memory: 8 GB (2133 MHz)
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Compilation 19041)

Ubi-Litten's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi there, thank you for providing this information and sorry you have been experiencing this issue while launching your game.

While I understand you may have already attempted some of these steps, so we can investigate this further could I first ask that you have attempted our basic troubleshooting steps as outlined in this support article.

The game is crashing on me when I am playing for no reason. It just freezes and then crashes out. I have done Verify on the game and SFC Scan. It still crashes.

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by MichaelTConroy Go to original post
    The game is crashing on me when I am playing for no reason. It just freezes and then crashes out. I have done Verify on the game and SFC Scan. It still crashes.
    Hey MichaelTConroy,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues running the game, thank you for sharing the steps you've tried so far!

We do have some additional steps that are worth trying in our PC troubleshooting guide available here.

If you're still having issues, please open a case on our Support Site and send over your system files.

DxDiag

Msinfo

We'd be more than happy to take a closer look!

If you're unable to create a ticket on the Help Site, you can also reach us on Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you!