🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Game not starting (on this account only)

Hello, I've ran into an issue where the game instantly closes before really starting but only on this account (The.Somberlain). I also got a few free copies of FH during the free giveaways, including a steam version and on all those accounts it works. What may have caused the issue that I started my steam copy of the game (which is linked to another account) while being logged into this one on uplay. So it tried to link my steam copy to The.Somberlain, which may be the cause. It should also be noted that the FH version I have on this account is the standard version while the Steam one is the starter version. So Steam trying to link its starter version to this account may really have screwed something up on Ubi's side that I can't fix on my own.

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey The.Somberlain

I am sorry to hear that you're encountering issues launching For Honor.

Just so we're clear on what the issue is your facing, you aren't getting any error messages popping up when you try to launch, are you? The game just doesn't launch?

Originally Posted by Ubi-Swaggins Go to original post
    Hey The.Somberlain

I am sorry to hear that you're encountering issues launching For Honor.

Just so we're clear on what the issue is your facing, you aren't getting any error messages popping up when you try to launch, are you? The game just doesn't launch?
    I get a glimpse of it saying that it wants to synchronize my achievements with the cloud for about 0.5 seconds and then it just closes. I tried reinstalling the game and uplay but that did nothing

ubi-smash's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    The.Somberlain: Thanks for the clarification. After reinstalling both the launcher and For Honor could you confirm if both programs are set to run Administrator Rights? If you receive the message when opening For Honor, I would also try our Connectivity Troubleshooting Steps to ensure there are no firewall restrictions between the Ubisoft service and your internet provider. Please keep us posted if this helps or if the problem continues.

Originally Posted by ubi-smash Go to original post
    The.Somberlain: Thanks for the clarification. After reinstalling both the launcher and For Honor could you confirm if both programs are set to run Administrator Rights? If you receive the message when opening For Honor, I would also try our Connectivity Troubleshooting Steps to ensure there are no firewall restrictions between the Ubisoft service and your internet provider. Please keep us posted if this helps or if the problem continues.
    I checked all that but it couldn't really have been the issue because For Honor works perfectly fine on other uplay accounts I have, just not on this one. Its really odd since it uses the exact same game files and everything, that's why I suspect the problem to be on Ubi's side and that the synchronization with the cloud fails because something is not right with my account itself. But just as far as For Honor goes. Other games on this account do work.

UbiStorm's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    All right. Thanks for clarifying that! Since this issue only seems to affect For Honor on this account, and no other games, would you grab a screenshot or a small video clip of this issue as it's happening?

Ok then, I fixed it. Turns out that uninstalling Ubi Connect+Games still leaves files in Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft that had to be deleted manually. After deleting them and installing Connect and For Honor again, it works. A kind of meh conclusion because I don't get it, considering my other account which uses the same files could run the game all along.

ubi-smash's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    The.Somberlain Thank you for the update! Happy to hear this resolved the issue for you. Before uninstalling the Ubisoft Connect we recommending Emptying the Cache for Ubisoft Connect to avoid this issue with extra files that may linger after reinstalling the client. However, I'm glad to see you can continue playing For Honor on both accounts successfully now.