🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Can we get the original lighting and bloom effects back please

I know this has been discussed already after UBI updated the game from 1.02. But itís still crazy how much the lightning effects have been changed

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...wngrade/page17

Playing the game on version 1.00 is a completely different experience with the sunrise and sunset transitions. They have more of a slow gradual change with strong red and pink tinges. They linger much longer. The new updates changes all that and you only get a hint of those colors. The sunrise and sunset transitions happen too fast. The time of day in general moves with your characterís movement by the way. Along a few other things you do like shopping. Either its been sped up faster, or the early morning and end of day effects have been removed. I canít replicate the original lighting no matter how i try to make the sun stay in its position longer. In the latest updates I purposely donít move around too much so I can enjoy the effects at sunrise and sunset. Which have been reduced greatly anyway. Particle effects are also lower.

When the sun is high in the sky the lighting is pretty much the same as before. The only difference is the bloom effects. When you stand in front of something blocking the sun from view, you would get this bloom haze effect. With the updates they removed that and replaced it with basic volumetric lighting.

Nighttime effects have changed too. The stars have been pushed further back and are less bright. Same for the moon. On version 1.00 the stars and moon and very bright and more up close and realistic.

If all this was for performance reasons, why did they change all those effects with PS4 pro and Xbox One X also? Those consoles should be able to handle those graphical effects. Even the PC game was changed too i think? Unless Iím mistaken and the Pro and 1X still have those lighting effects.

The least they can do is update the game for next generation consoles with all the missing graphics effects. Higher resolution and high frame rate.

KmarkoPL's Avatar Senior Member
    Game is finished and there will be no more updates or patches

Actually 1.44 was released last summer so they still do updates.

It's just sad that they felt the need to change the lighting.

KmarkoPL's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by bully365 Go to original post

Witch is almost over year ago.
    There is no more updates or patches.

I felt there was a change the second time I played the game but wasn't sure. Have you tried using a "graphics booster"? I played on PC using Reshade with purity of Egypt preset, tweaked a few settings and I never wanted any changes. Origins simply looks breathtaking and it has much more of those little details than Odyssey.

Originally Posted by bully365 Go to original post

That wasn't really a game patch but a compatibility patch for the Connect App and to give players all the Club bonuses for free .... It didn't do anything to change the game play or graphics