The Settlers still in 2020 ?

Hi,
    I found something very interesting on ubistore...
    Is there still hope for Die Siedler in 2020 ???

3 people found this helpful

OlaHaldor's Avatar Member
    Don't pre-order until you know what the massive changes they're doing are. There must be changes since they've been quiet for so long, and who knows what those changes are.

I can only imagine how much has to be changed at its core since player feedback from the closed testing is the reason they're back to the drawing board.

If it does come at the very end of the year? Not likely. There's been no press, no reveals, no info, no more tests (as far as we know). I'd imagine they would do a big reveal, videos, screenshots, and a thorough article about what has changed since the closed tests and why it was a good idea to step back and develop something better.
     3 people found this helpful

Ubi-Barbalatu's Avatar Community Developer
    Hello,

Unfortunately this information is not correct. The Settlers will not release in 2020. Please find the latest information on our community platform The Settlers Alliance: https://www.thesettlers-alliance.com...settlers-team/

Thanks,
    Ubi-Barbalatu

Ubi-Barbalatu's Avatar Community Developer
    Hello,

Unfortunately this information is not correct. The Settlers will not release in 2020. Please find the latest information on our community platform The Settlers Alliance: https://www.thesettlers-alliance.com...settlers-team/

Thanks,
    Ubi-Barbalatu

So UBISOFT send us a link to the announcement they done MONTHS ago and states until further notice!
    with NO news at all since this news, not even a message at Christmas my fears are this game will not see the light. Its like 2 years over now (ISH) and no info.

I would say please let us have some progress/release date news, but i know they wont...

Ive played ALL of the settlers through the years and this is my favourite game of all, but im losing interest FAST now on this game!!!!
     1 people found this helpful

I don't think it's that bad. Judging from the blog posts the game was really close to completion, so I doubt they would just throw it out the window. I mean, I believe that the costs of finishing up and releasing the game at this point would still be lower than profits from sales. I'm inclined to believe that Anno 1800's success just pulled the developers from Settlers team to work on Anno's season passes. So a decision was made to pause the development of Settlers until Anno is finished.

I would like to point out something.
    In last weeks, months, years we have been witnesses of promising AAA games send to hell because of rushed marketing. Especially last month showed us what it's like when the studio push too hard to release.
    I would gladly wait another several months to get product which is finnished, then play pre-alpha mess waiting to be repaired. And I hope I'm not the only one feeling it that way.

So Ubi, take your time, don't rush things and make a great successor of one of the best RTS I've ever played.

Todilo's Avatar Junior Member
    I think most people are ok with a delay, a cancellation however, not so much. I really hope they just need more time! But some reassuring news would be nice.
     1 people found this helpful

Devs, Please post an update..

What I saw looked very good and I have always been a fan of the game. I understand the 80-20 rule in Software development (so you are now in the hard part of development),. But not communicating makes your customers doubt, especially if they already pre-ordered.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Barbalatu Go to original post
    Hello,

Thanks,
    Ubi-Barbalatu
    The latest information is very out-dated and almost a year ago. We are almost 3 months in 2021 so when will it be released?
     2 people found this helpful

Hi.

Some news?
    When will the game come out?
    When will we play something?

Thanks
     2 people found this helpful