🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Picking Up Items Through Wall

Hello fellow Gamers

So I found this bug that allows you to pick up items through the wall. I have not tired this bug on any other system/console. And, it is not a one-off bug. I have noticed it a few times. I would love for other to confirm this for me as well.

I was finishing up the side mission Bereau Headquarters when I saw that their was a room with items in it; I ran towards the door holding the "F" key, and I was able to pick up 2 items, both items were mostly likely from a tool box and/or backpack.

You can also view the video below for more information.

Thank You.

Wow.. Over two months of posting this and still no update..

ubi-smash's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey ScrewUpGaming, my apologies for the lateness in getting back to your previous post. Thank you for sharing this video clip of you replicating this. Could you tell me if you are still encountering this behavior during your gameplay recently?

Thank You for reaching out.
    And Absolutely.

I'm surprised that no-one else has reported this.
    If you would like an updated video - I can provide that as well.

Thank You.

Ubi-Ginge's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Can you confirm the location this is happening at ScrewUpGaming

This was at the end of the Bureau Headquarters side mission

This is actually part of the game's design. There are many loot containers spread throughout the world that are in inaccessible areas (i.e. just past a chain link barrier) that the player is unable to enter. There's no reason to do that except requiring the player "step close enough" to the container to loot it through the barrier.

Walls might be a separate issue, as I have yet to encounter any I had to loot "through the wall". But the mechanics of allowing line-of-sight looting themselves are working correctly. There's probably a LOS issue with solid walls.
     1 people found this helpful

hmm I never considered this to be an issue as there is clear consistency.
    You can open this way resources containers but you cannot open those with ammunition, gear or weapon.
    In other words if there is opening animation you will need to approach container from particular side, if not, you can open it even though doors, walls etc.

Ubi-Thrupney's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks ScrewUpGaming, Klami3sz and Jaga.Telesin for sharing your thoughts and findings on this - that's been most helpful.

We did think this issue had been resolved, but I've let our development teams know that it has reoccured. We'll look to get it resolved as soon as we can.

Let us know if you run into any further issues!