Metal_Greg's Avatar Member

appreciation post <3

this game gets too much hate. Sure, there are some problems with it but nothings perfect. so I'd like to take the time to say thank you to all the people who helped make this game what it is today. I am deeply grateful for all your hard work and dedication. You guys have made a truly amazing game and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Metal_Greg Go to original post
    this game gets too much hate. Sure, there are some problems with it but nothings perfect. so I'd like to take the time to say thank you to all the people who helped make this game what it is today. I am deeply grateful for all your hard work and dedication. You guys have made a truly amazing game and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    Yea what he said, it is a nice game...now.

I just didn't like how it launched.
    - Shooting marshmallows while getting rekt.
    Felt like Glass Canon without the damage boost. Lol
    - Skills didn't heal,revive or do damage.
    Million dollar tech (turret/seekermine) no damage.
    50 bucks tech (remote toy car, gas tank and firecracker) instant kill if shoe lace was in the radius.

I really thought that the updates in div 1 till 1.8 was,
    So you guys could put everything of 1.8 in div 2.
    For a working from launch sequel.
    And in the end game, we got the new stuff added to the game.
    And if the new stuff wouldn't work (properly).
    The players still had the OG stuff to play with, while the new stuff was balanced or fixed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    That is my reason of everything I hate in this game.
    And this made it worse,you guys said something like:
    We learned a lot from the mistakes in div 1 and worked on that in div 2.
    But then nothing worked at launch of div 2...
    Div 1 was new, so I didn't mind giving feedback or report bugs.
    But to do that again for years, nope.
    It's (like) paying a company to test their game...
    But they should do that before bringing it out.

I mean are you gonna do that with the movie as well?
    Bring it out without putting special effects in it. Etc
    And then put it in after people complain that it's not finished.

Anyway I do like it now but don't let it happen to div 3 if you guys are working on that.
    And don't scam us with a season pass that gives nothing but a week earlier acces to content.

Originally Posted by DutchLMB4ever Go to original post
    Yea what he said, it is a nice game...now.

I just didn't like how it launched.
    - Shooting marshmallows while getting rekt.
    Felt like Glass Canon without the damage boost. Lol
    - Skills didn't heal,revive or do damage.
    Million dollar tech (turret/seekermine) no damage.
    50 bucks tech (remote toy car, gas tank and firecracker) instant kill if shoe lace was in the radius.

I really thought that the updates in div 1 till 1.8 was,
    So you guys could put everything of 1.8 in div 2.
    For a working from launch sequel.
    And in the end game, we got the new stuff added to the game.
    And if the new stuff wouldn't work (properly).
    The players still had the OG stuff to play with, while the new stuff was balanced or fixed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    That is my reason of everything I hate in this game.
    And this made it worse,you guys said something like:
    We learned a lot from the mistakes in div 1 and worked on that in div 2.
    But then nothing worked at launch of div 2...
    Div 1 was new, so I didn't mind giving feedback or report bugs.
    But to do that again for years, nope.
    It's (like) paying a company to test their game...
    But they should do that before bringing it out.

I mean are you gonna do that with the movie as well?
    Bring it out without putting special effects in it. Etc
    And then put it in after people complain that it's not finished.

Anyway I do like it now but don't let it happen to div 3 if you guys are working on that.
    And don't scam us with a season pass that gives nothing but a week earlier acces to content.
    Wauw, I can't seem to do it without complaining
    Serious tho it is a good franchise, I still play div 1.
    But.... no.....didn't do it.

L3AND80's Avatar Member
    In front of the PC, playing and waiting for news...
    Yes, for me it is also a great game, on a scale of 1 to 10 I give it 8 easily to him, because no game has managed to entertain me for more than 1000h while The Division 2 will complete 2000h this week... but there are errors in it that do not you can easily accept...

I'm not even going to talk about spongy bullets enemies, bugs that have always existed or other things that irritate, I'm going to talk about things, which for me, are more serious:

1) Gear change with just one year of release.

I am not discussing whether it was necessary or not, as I know it was, but it is something that should not happen, gear 2.0 should be from the beginning, let's say that this was the first blemish that the game suffered.

2) Problems with the server, such as Delta03 or lags on the server.

I don't even need to explain ... even sadder when it happens on weekends.

3) Launch a raid first for a minority of players and only months later launch it for the majority.

It doesn't make sense, it should be the other way around (first for EVERYONE there then create something more complex for a category of players who like bigger challenges) and without this "exotic item only in the Normal raid" thing ... and self-explanatory raids would be welcome too, it is sad to have to watch videos on YouTube to learn or to go on the basis of the mistake and right being kicked and kicking the others of the "team of eight solo players".

note: I like to mention the raids because by far it is the game mode with the biggest replay factor (for me).

4) Promising things and delivering less than you promised (Kenly Colleague and The Summit) or not delivering (Nightmare event).

Many complain that the developers are silent, but I think this attitude is much more prudent, better than promising something, creating high expectations so that in the end it won't be even 1/3 of what we imagine ...

Better to be surprised (positively) after their silence ... it seems that there will be a new way around, my expectations are very low, and it is better this way, there are chances that I will be positively surprised.

Metal_Greg's Avatar Member
    o just stop complaining already. I'm sure the devs are already aware of all those things you guys mentioned. what good does it do complaining about what they did in the past? what's done is done.

I didn't make this thread for people to complain about the game, I was trying to show some appreciation for all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. but sadly, I guess all you people can do is complain.

Originally Posted by Metal_Greg Go to original post
    o just stop complaining already. I'm sure the devs are already aware of all those things you guys mentioned. what good does it do complaining about what they did in the past? what's done is done.

I didn't make this thread for people to complain about the game, I was trying to show some appreciation for all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. but sadly, I guess all you people can do is complain.
    Hahaha
    I did say I like the franchise and that I still play div 1.
    Actually I'm playing it right now, because in div 2 the targeted loot in the legendarys are trash today.

L3AND80's Avatar Member
    In front of the PC, playing and waiting for news...
    So, according to what I understood by your brief reasoning, we cannot recognize the work of the guys BUT make criticisms and suggestions as is the case of this part of the forum (Suggestions and feedback) so that they can improve in the future and not make the same mistakes?

I also recognize the effort of the guys who created a game that entertained me for more than 2000h and for that reason MAYBE I am one of the few that would like to see the same team producing The Division 3, because the 2 with all the problems is a great game , but it could be excellent, game of the year level, just fix the problems and not make serious mistakes (eg gear change), study the feedbacks and suggestions, that they have the ability to turn The Division 3 into the game of the year that it is released.

I hope you don't take this personally, I love this game too, and I just want the best for the franchise