🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Newspaper lies

Please tell me how to turn off that newspaper. He only tells of the one sea battle for a quest. The guy makes me angry and I am almost ready to quit the game. I really enjoy playing till I see that stupid newspaper guy. I quit yesterday playing yesterday because of him.. Please tell me how to not just turn off his messages but to turn off the whole newspaper system. Thank you

Annoholics's Avatar Member
    You can easily shut down the game. Then the newspaper guy is also shut down. If you don't want to play the game then you don't have to. Other then that option you can automatically use propaganda and automatically except those.
     1 people found this helpful

Let me try to convince you of the usefulness of the Anno 1800 newspaper. When you need money because it is dwindling, use your influence so that your citizens spend more. That extra money is going to you, right! If you have almost nothing in stock, you can let them consume less so that you can build up your stock. You can influence their happiness so that more "celebrations" comes to your city. And that means a lot of money for you. If you are not alert to a news item (or ingore it) you have a chance of riots. Is that what you want? If so, ignore the newspaper. So, just like in the real world, manage the news to keep your citizens moving in the right direction.

I know when you are at war with an opponent it is disturbing when a newspaper, quest or expedition pops up, but yes, that is the challenge. And don't forget that the newspaper was very important at that time. Be glad that there are no commercials to handle .... For the rest, have fun
     1 people found this helpful

ABigOlBear's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by LC243 Go to original post
    Please tell me how to turn off that newspaper. He only tells of the one sea battle for a quest. The guy makes me angry and I am almost ready to quit the game. I really enjoy playing till I see that stupid newspaper guy. I quit yesterday playing yesterday because of him.. Please tell me how to not just turn off his messages but to turn off the whole newspaper system. Thank you
    One mod (SpiceItUp) does have a feature to slow down the newspaper’s printing schedule, so you won’t see it as often.

As other posters have pointed out, you can exploit the newspaper to your advantage to generate extra revenue, reduce demand, increase happiness, etc. if you overdo it the engineers and investors might revolt, but riots don’t last long if you have sufficient police coverage.

Perhaps you can comfot youself a bit if you think that before one of the latest patches all the newspaper business was even more annoying than now.