Bombadier Drone

The current method of aiming this skill is just... not really working.
    Panting a target on the ground is interesting in theory, but it only works if you have a view from above. Doing it while on the same plane as the enemies you're fighting leaves you unable to see your targeting circles because they're horizontal from you.

Also, summoning the drone, paining the target and then waiting for the drone to fly out and do it's bombing run takes way too long. By the time it actually gets started, all of the enemies will have moved. They're programmed to roll out of red splats as part of their grenade reaction AI, right?
    To say nothing of the drone's inability to handle changes in elevation resulting in it being unable to actually complete it's bombing run if it has to go up or down a step.

An ideal solution would be to send the drone into the air and then paint a target from the drone's birds-eye view, but that would require leaving your agent unattended for a second.

A simpler solution would be to replace it's controls with that of the default seeker mine.

Point at an enemy, tell it to target them, the drone flies out and drops a bomb on them. Give it three or four charges by default, so you can send it out three or four times.
    Or have it expend all of it's bombs in a semi-random pattern around the person targeted, I guess, so the player is intended to aim at someone in the middle of a group.
    That's basically just a cluster grenade as a skill though... which is still pretty good, actually.

As is, it's almost impossible to hit stuff with.

I say change the bombardier drone to suicide drone(s).
    At skill tier 6 you have 2 drones plus the same skill haste that the enemy has in legendary.

Just like they did with the sticky bomb you shot on the ground and when people walked on it, it exploded.
    Can't remember if they changed it to flashbang or disrupt.

Originally Posted by DutchLMB4ever Go to original post
    I say change the bombardier drone to suicide drone(s).
    At skill tier 6 you have 2 drones plus the same skill haste that the enemy has in legendary.

Just like they did with the sticky bomb you shot on the ground and when people walked on it, it exploded.
    Can't remember if they changed it to flashbang or disrupt.
    Honestly? Yeah that's a great idea. I really like the 'image' of a drone flying overhead doing a bombing run, but it's just not very good to aim.
    Sending out a suicide drone is the perfect solution.

... on the other hand, that's a lot like a seeker-mine, isn't it?

Metal_Greg's Avatar Member
    a targeting system like that of the explosive seeker, like you mentioned, would be ideal.

suicide drones just aren't ever gonna happen since the devs seem to want the player's skills to be completely different from enemies skills, and rightfully so.

Originally Posted by FledMagician Go to original post
    Honestly? Yeah that's a great idea. I really like the 'image' of a drone flying overhead doing a bombing run, but it's just not very good to aim.
    Sending out a suicide drone is the perfect solution.

... on the other hand, that's a lot like a seeker-mine, isn't it?
    The drone is also a lot like the turret so I don't see the problem.
    I think the drone should also have a revive option instead of healing.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Metal_Greg Go to original post
    suicide drones just aren't ever gonna happen since the devs seem to want the player's skills to be completely different from enemies skills, and rightfully so.
    It would be a better option then that doo doo bomber drone that doesn't work.

And 'completely' is a big word here.
    - Black tusk snipers use scan drones. (Same as us)
    - True sons use turrets. (Same as us)
    - Hyenas have sniper turrets. (Same as us)

Different but not completely.
    - Hyenas use a suicide remote toy car (ghetto seeker mine)
    - Black tusk Warhound (drone and turret fusion)
    - Black tusk support station (hive)

Important edit:
    Black tusk use suicide drones (working bomber drones) lol

The drone is also a lot like the turret so I don't see the problem.
    I think the drone should also have a revive option instead of healing.
    The Striker Drone is a turret with a worse gun but can follow you around. It's a different niche.
    Having two skills that directly overlap is a bit...

The Striker Drone is a turret with a worse gun but can follow you around. It's a different niche.
    Having two skills that directly overlap is a bit...
    I don't really understand what you mean with different niche and directly overlap.

Do you mean drone and turret are not the same?
    And bomber drone and seekermine are?
    If it is like that then:
    For me, the drone is a flying turret and because it can move to the enemy and get them out of cover.
    It is normal that it doesn't do the same damage.

They can do the same with bomber drones right
    Make them really follow the enemy, like the cluster seeker mines in div 1.

But maybe I understand you wrong.
    Or do you mean that it would have same mechanics as the seekermines?

In that case
    Suicide drones wouldn't be the same as the Artillery turret.

I don't really understand what you mean with different niche and directly overlap.

Do you mean drone and turret are not the same?
    And bomber drone and seekermine are?
    If it is like that then:
    For me, the drone is a flying turret and because it can move to the enemy and get them out of cover.
    It is normal that it doesn't do the same damage.

They can do the same with bomber drones right
    Make them really follow the enemy, like the cluster seeker mines in div 1.

But maybe I understand you wrong.
    Or do you mean that it would have same mechanics as the seekermines?

In that case
    Suicide drones wouldn't be the same as the Artillery turret.
    I'm saying that the striker drone is a gun that flies around and shoots things, and the turret is a gun that you place down and shoots things. These skills have overlap, but are still used differently. They are not literally identical.

If you had a seeker mine (a ball that rolls up to enemies and explodes) and a Suicide Drone (a flying drone that flies over to enemies and then explodes) then they would be essentially the exact same skill. One would travel along the floor and the other would fly, but in function they would work more-or-less the same.

I don't know where you got something about the artillery turret from. Nobody is talking about that.

I'm saying that the striker drone is a gun that flies around and shoots things, and the turret is a gun that you place down and shoots things. These skills have overlap, but are still used differently. They are not literally identical.

If you had a seeker mine (a ball that rolls up to enemies and explodes) and a Suicide Drone (a flying drone that flies over to enemies and then explodes) then they would be essentially the exact same skill. One would travel along the floor and the other would fly, but in function they would work more-or-less the same.

I don't know where you got something about the artillery turret from. Nobody is talking about that.
    Oke like that

And I said Artillery turret, because of the striker drone and turret comparison.
    Because suicide drones look like seekermines.
    But suicide drones don't look like Artillery turret.