Finally. No More Crashing

I wasn't really sure where to put this, so mods sort accordingly if I messed up.

Specs:
    Windows 10 64 bit
    ryzen 2600x
    rx 590
    running game on HDD

So, I have been having crazy crashing issues with D2 lately, couldn't even play the game for longer than 5 minutes. I tried all the community fixes, everything you've read about, even a new Windows install. Nothing ever worked. I finally spoke with Ubi support and they led me in the right direction and after everything I finally have my game back to normal.

Here's what I did:

I uninstalled all my Visual C++ (Microsoft Visual C++ etc...) files I had. THESE.

I restarted my computer and installed the C++ files again, I only need 64 bit so I only installed the 64 bit ones. Some people from the discord reported having missing or incorrect VCC files so I made a Drive folder with all of them. They're labeled by year and 64/32bit respectively. HERE.

I made sure my D2 exe had "disable fullscreen optimizations" and "run program as admin" checked. Only the D2 exe (TheDivision2.exe)

I ran BleachBit, it's a Windows cleaner similar to CCleaner. You can probably use any cleaner but I prefer Bleach, so YMMV. Then I restarted.

I verified my game files in UbiConnect. When that was done I made the UbiConnect Launcher admin. (UbisoftConnect.exe)

Game has been running amazing for me ever since. DX11 or DX12. All graphic settings up and all overlays enabled, overclocks, etc.. nothing *else* changed.

...so everyone knows: the file labeled "VC_redist20151719.x86" is the 2015,17 & 19 update.
     6 people found this helpful

Links didnt work in op post

For some reason the links to the VCC files and BleachBit didn't work in the OP post. So here they are.

VCC++ Files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xYcwQY7wjEXOy-

BleachBit: https://www.bleachbit.org

Imagine_Brata's Avatar Senior Member
    download the VCC files from microsoft instead and you will know that they are virus free

True! I just compiled them all together, the ones I downloaded. Some were hard to find, and some (ppl) I talked to in Discord had said I had a different version than they did. And after installing that one, their crashes fixed.
     1 people found this helpful

Hello there,
    I forgot to give some feedback.
    I re-installed the Visual C++ files and checked UbisoftConnect.exe on admin mode (already had TheDivision2.exe done).
    I haven't got any single crash for 3 weeks now with hours long sessions, even with the overlay on.
    So, thanks for the tips!