🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Warmonger's Corruption

can we have a serious discussion about this abomination?!
    i dont want to come here and just complain,this is legit UNfun!

i get it, ubi wants to sell new Hero to keep the game rolling and tha'ts fine.
    and i get it this "infection" is very 2020... you had to do it!
    but its been a while warmonger is out and players accept it and that's my problem,
    her feats are so OP in team fights like Breach it negates the knowledge of the game .
    it sh!ts on your reaction time and your skill at the game .theres always an idiot abusing it and drop his corruption kills the entire team without doing anything ,Why?
    i stoped playing FH after she came out just because this corruption idea is atrocious.

Feats have always been a problem since day 1.
    i have little fate ubi will make changes to the feats but i had to say it
    i have always been a team player in FH so running away like a B!tch dosen't sit well with me!
    to valhalla!

Gaser.'s Avatar Senior Member
    I mean they can nerf the feat as much as they want, the gimmick will pretty much always break 4v4 amd that cant be fixed because thats the nature of the feat.

I once made a post of a idea I had to make her first feat work more like this kind of corruption armor we once saw in a event mode.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...ite-Corruption

(Note these numbers are just pretty much made in a buble)

that was a great post BTW it just seems like ubi does a good thing followed by 2 toxic heroes back to back!
    both Gryphon and warmonger have busted feats. (gryphon got patch but still his moveset is a tough matchup)
    using healing feats that do damage is absurd,just sayin

Originally Posted by Alienjf Go to original post
    that was a great post BTW it just seems like ubi does a good thing followed by 2 toxic heroes back to back!
    both Gryphon and warmonger have busted feats. (gryphon got patch but still his moveset is a tough matchup)
    using healing feats that do damage is absurd,just sayin
    I mean it kinda is made worse by the fact that dmg feats are still mostly just WMDs.

It really shows when late game 4v4 is mostly just who has the most team nuke feats on there side to melt everything by just pressing a single button.

Every new dmg feats they currently make is building on a flawed Fundation.
     1 people found this helpful

I agree that her feats are a little too strong, but they shouldn’t nerf them into the ground (or get rid of them entirely). They should take baby steps and adjust them by small increments, and go from there. However, the whole purpose of the character is to disrupt team fights, even if it completely changes the flow of the game (that’s probably what they wanted in the first place).

Warmonger actually needs her feats because without them she can’t anti-gank because her move set isn’t designed for that. If they make to where her feats basically don’t do anything then they’d have to expand her move set and buff her attacks so she can handle being ganked. Also you have to think about the story of the Warmongers. Corruption was a gift of power given to them directly from a god so that they could weave out the liars and the weak. This means that they’re supposed to have godly powers so it’s only reasonable for her feats to be powerful or else it throws off her entire story.

Originally Posted by Night_Fury147 Go to original post
    I agree that her feats are a little too strong, but they shouldn’t nerf them into the ground (or get rid of them entirely). They should take baby steps and adjust them by small increments, and go from there. However, the whole purpose of the character is to disrupt team fights, even if it completely changes the flow of the game (that’s probably what they wanted in the first place).
    Well here is the problem with her feats.

To say it simple we have a catapult situation with her feats.

Either you let it stay OP or you nerf it in to the ground there is no in between because of the badly designed nature of the feat itselfs.

That’s why I’m saying to change the gimmick to something else seeing how corruption can’t be fixed because of the nature.

Originally Posted by Azulra_1 Go to original post
    Warmonger actually needs her feats because without them she can’t anti-gank because her move set isn’t designed for that. If they make to where her feats basically don’t do anything then they’d have to expand her move set and buff her attacks so she can handle being ganked. Also you have to think about the story of the Warmongers. Corruption was a gift of power given to them directly from a god so that they could weave out the liars and the weak. This means that they’re supposed to have godly powers so it’s only reasonable for her feats to be powerful or else it throws off her entire story.
    That is equally stupid as to say: Yeah let’s keep Rock Steady because Ara and Shug get punished to easy otherwise.

Also the lore thing would actually imply that corruption can buff you enemies or just making them join your team.

“Corrupted Draconite is a mineral that is a mix of green and red, which exudes poisonous fumes. Some die by its fumes, while other will become twisted by it, attaining abnormal powers, even immortality. When in its most corrupt form, becoming pure green, it is said to have the ability to control minds.”

So please if we want lore friendly corruption then please add the chances of the two other things happening as well.

I actually made the idea to keep it lore friendly and turn it in to a self buff for warmonger making her tanky by the way.

Also this thing with given by the gods is also wrong it is implied heavily that it was the secret weapon used by Sun Da.

“While the Warmongers are the first to be seen actively wielding the corrupted Draconite, it is very likely that the "secret weapon" Sun Da was using was Draconite or mainly composed of the mineral, based on the incident that occurred during Zhanhu's Gambit.”

It also says that Astrea was given the power of corruption by Horkos, the God of Vengeance, so that she could rebuild Apollyon’s stuff, but go bigger.

Originally Posted by Azulra_1 Go to original post
    Agreed.