PB appears and disappears at will

When playing, the PB ghost appears and disappears whenever it pleases.

At first I thought it was a binding issue, but I checked and this was not the issue.

In the video, the PB ghost is deactivated at the start and appears and disappears again several times. This also happens if you activate/deactivate the ghost by key bind.

EDIT [SOLUTION]

Changes to settings:
    - back from "very fast" to "fast"
    - back from no AA to 2xMSAA
    - back from bilinear to trilinear filtering.

after these changes, the ghost worked as intended again. I then switched back one setting after another and am now where I started and the ghost still works as it should for now.

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by staldi Go to original post
    When playing, the PB ghost appears and disappears whenever it pleases.

At first I thought it was a binding issue, but I checked and this was not the issue.

In the video, the PB ghost is deactivated at the start and appears and disappears again several times. This also happens if you activate/deactivate the ghost by key bind.

Hello!

Thank you very much for your video, that makes it very easy to understand the issue you are facing.

I will be reporting this to our Trackmania team; I'd like to first learn a bit more however. Please answer the following -

- Can you provide images or a video showing your in-game settings?
    - Does this happen with any track or only 1 track in particular? If only one track, what is the track name?
    - How long would you say this issue has been affecting you?

Thank you

Hi Raziel

See at the end of the post

- Does this happen with any track or only 1 track in particular? If only one track, what is the track name?

This happens on all tracks, in online and solo mode. I have had this issue in the spring campaign tracks solo and online, in club games and in cup of the day / map of the day events online and solo.

I have had this issue for about a week to a week and a half. Might have been the last update, but around the same time I changed some graphics settings from default to lower quality settings that you can see below (filtering reduced to bilinear, display mode swapped to fullscreen, Forward Anti-Aliasing deactivated).

EDIT 04.05.2021 18:25:
    I just played around with the graphics settings and have been able to get rid of the problem for now.
    Changes to settings:

after these changes, the ghost worked as intended again. I then switched back one setting after another and am now where I started and the ghost still works as it should for now.

By the way: The opponents did always work correctly, if that matters.

Settings:

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi Raziel

See at the end of the post

This happens on all tracks, in online and solo mode. I have had this issue in the spring campaign tracks solo and online, in club games and in cup of the day / map of the day events online and solo.

I have had this issue for about a week to a week and a half. Might have been the last update, but around the same time I changed some graphics settings from default to lower quality settings that you can see below (filtering reduced to bilinear, display mode swapped to fullscreen, Forward Anti-Aliasing deactivated).

EDIT 04.05.2021 18:25:
    I just played around with the graphics settings and have been able to get rid of the problem for now.
    Changes to settings:

By the way: The opponents did always work correctly, if that matters.

Hey staldi,

Thank you very much for getting back to us with those images and for the update!

Just to confirm, are ghost names still working as normal since changing your settings back to what they were previously?

Hi TheBerry

Yes, as far as I can tell names are working properly so far

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi TheBerry

Yes, as far as I can tell names are working properly so far
    Thank you for getting back to me staldi!

I'm very glad to hear that's it's back to plain sailing for now, thank you for sharing what did it for you too!

If there's ever anything else we can help with at all, please don't hesitate to let us know!