Highlander needs a 'testing ground'.

Do you know when the testing ground changes will be applied to the game?

I ask because Highlander needs huge upgrades or even buffs if the changes are implemented, in this video on Reddit he shows that his move kit can no longer be used properly in a fight:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...is_yet_credit/

I recommend reading the comments as well.

Highlander needs a 'testing ground' to be corrected, updated, also needs some buff

MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sanguinius-IX- Go to original post
    Do you know when the testing ground changes will be applied to the game?

I ask because Highlander needs huge upgrades or even buffs if the changes are implemented, in this video on Reddit he shows that his move kit can no longer be used properly in a fight:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...is_yet_credit/

I recommend reading the comments as well.

Highlander needs a 'testing ground' to be corrected, updated, also needs some buff
    TG updates drop with the launch of Y5S2.

Highlander hasn't been announced for the next TG but I agree that he needs to be in it.
     1 people found this helpful

I hope he's included. He's my highest rep character so far, but there's some characters he just lags behind in combat. Honestly, if they would just let me sidestep into celtic curse I'd be perfectly happy.

Im rep 70 on him and he just so desperately needs it.. I only continue to play him because I love his look as well as i dont wanna get rusty with my only rep 70.
     1 people found this helpful

needs what exactly?

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by The_Sentinel_ Go to original post
    needs what exactly?

Took the words out of my mouth haha. We are doing another Testing Grounds (TBD) which will feature Shugoki, Option Selects, etc, so I'd love to hear what everyone thinks is wrong with him and how they'd like to see it changed.

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    Took the words out of my mouth haha. We are doing another Testing Grounds (TBD) which will feature Shugoki, Option Selects, etc, so I'd love to hear what everyone thinks is wrong with him and how they'd like to see it changed.

His defensive stance has nothing special about it to make it defensive other than crushing counters. He has 1000ms opener heavies with 700ms-800ms hyper armor activation. The feint windows on his attacks are not believable at all and his opener heavies are useless. His backstep lights are frustrating to go against. His zone attack seems to have a broken hitbox as the attack has gone through minions in dominion as well as it consumes a large amount of stamina while being 700ms. He only gets a light on guard break which makes his gb punishes weak unless theres a wall nearby. His hyper armor on defensive stance makes you want to trade with attacks to get into offensive stance yet his low health pool says otherwise in this regard.

His offensive stance is plagued with horrible bugs that make it inconsistent if you dont know about them. If you do know about them then you can use them to recreate scenarios that break his stance causing him to be able to do things he wasnt intended to do. A simple undodgeable or quick light shuts down all offensive pressure from him due to the nature of dodging is his only defense in this stance. His damage is lower than before but because of the nature of how his dodging and lack of true pressure unless the opponent is out of stamina, this makes his "offensive stance" really a dodge turtle whiff punishing stance that can punish a missed light or heavy for 30 dmg which is pretty unhealthy if im honest.

His kick grab 50/50 can be rolled away from with no way for highlander to catch a roll. There's a dodge timing that you can actually use right now that covers both kick and grab feint options. Someone can dodge a kick and then roll from the grab when they see it and beat all options highlander may have. All dodge attacks counter kick to grab besides valk, pk, and zhanhu. They dodge when they see kick and there's nothing that can be done and you eat the attack. Couple all of this with the fact that highlander uses up to 2/3rds of his stamina trying to do one kick grab mix up, and highlander does more staring and turtling than actual pressure and offense.

He gets hit out of offensive stance in ganks by teammates limiting his ganking potential. He feeds a lot of revenge in ganks and he has one of the lowest if not the lowest movement speed in the game limiting his chase and movement potential in 4s. His feats arent bad. He has fury and fire flask. Spear storm is a tactical nuke and kinda on par with old catapult.

Highlander right now is a mess. He stomps lower skilled players so a chunk of the community think hes over powered. Others are fine so they think he is fine. In reality he cant hang with most of the cast of characters. He has more negative match ups then neutral and positive ones put together. This is going to get worse with the new testing grounds character reworks coming out next season as all of them will be hard counters to highlander at this point. He needs help
     3 people found this helpful

List of known problems (These are only a part of the known problems):
    1. Changes on Stamina level and Running Speed.
    2. Adjust the second light attack.
    3. Adjust the heavy attachments (Speed and Hit-box).
    4. No dodge attack when in Defensive Form (New moveset: "Pommel Strike").
    5. Some corrections on the "Celtic Curse".
    6. Several nearly useless moves. (Zone Attack, Sprint Attack, Soft-feint to OF light).
    7. OF Exit Stamina consumes too much stamina.
    8. Adding a Zone Attack in OF.
    9. No roll-catch in OF (New moveset: "Jǫtunn's Claw").
    10. Reverse the stamina consumption of these 2 bash: "Formorian Kick" and "Caber Toss"'.
    11. Too much damage on dodge attacks in OF (Side dodge + Fomorian kick).
    12. Too much damage on soft feint in OF (Formorian Kick => Caber Toss).
    13. Still has sluggish guard change in OF.
    14. Added a new feat "Blood Frenzy", to replace "Longbow" ("Longbow is a feat for Samurai not for a Viking hero).
    15. Increase the height of this hero.

I leave the Link where I did the Highlander rework on (r / CompetitiveForHonor) solving the problems mentioned above:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive..._to_be_on_par/

Highlander is litterally a crippled character in a game where almost everyone is on steroids, especially after this TG that buffed 7 char out of 28. He needs love as well, a good rework good armor, and some free hot chocolate for all the highlander mains.

I've been playing for honor for years now, and one of my favorite characters is Highlander, while I love to use the character whenever I get the chance... it is especially painful using him during anything aside from 1 v 1 duels. The reason is due to its unbearable running speed, it's the worst feeling to see a fully armored player like the Lawbringer being able to run as fast as a class of assassins (Go check his Sprint Speed is the same as Berserker 7m/s), but Highlander who is dressed in a skirt and a few pieces of skin can't even move as fast as the Kensei.

Highlander really suffer not being able to escape from ganks or even just running to assist my teammates because when I arrive either the battle is over or they are already all dead.

Another thing I've noticed, most of the times I'm about to kill an assassin hero with Highlander, in Domain or Breach game mode, my enemy runs away for the map knowing that I'll never reach him.

All I ask is to increase the sprint speed a little bit and to bring it at least 6m/s like that of the Kensei.

Goki is getting yet another TG? Interesting. Anyway i'm not an experienced HL so I probably am not catching everything but from my observations here are my current issues with HL:

1) The forced delay for his caber toss soft feint from his offensive heavies. IIRC it's something like 400ms delay. It's similar to LB's delayed shove mid combo. I think it hurts the soft feint viability.

2) Highlander doesn't really have a good way to stay inside offensive form Whiffing his bashes forces him to exit OF.

3) Defensive form has some issues. The opening heavies are far too slow, the zone is very poor as an option select tool, and can only get a light for a GB punish.

4) HL can't be very offensive in his OF because a lot of things either avoid or punish the limited options he has. Forcing HL to turtle with his dodges to punish with a kick that rewards high damage.

5) HL's running speed is painfully slow.

Overall his kit flow is pretty poor. You want to be in OF because defensive form is clunky and cumbersome. Yet OF can't actually be offensive because it's too easy to slip out of OF and most of what you can do can be avoided and punished easily. So you try to get into OF and stay in it by being defensive which feels like the opposite of the goals for the kit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►