🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    hes not good at 4s at all, he has too many weaknesses to be an actual competitive pick. Is he the worst, no but that doesnt mean hes good.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Saint_YeetsXB Go to original post
    hes not good at 4s at all, he has too many weaknesses to be an actual competitive pick. Is he the worst, no but that doesnt mean hes good.
    If you know what you are doing with him, he is fine in avarage MM where everyone runs around like headless chickens. People like to feed him Crushing Counters, and can't really understand that they can not lightspam them out from Offensive Stance without using their brain (avarage Kensei probably going crazy because of this). As soon as people start to calmly deal with his offense, and feint into light parry, he is under avarage. And he is obviously not good for comp: not a good antiganker to stall on his own against good gank, not a really good ganker either since you just optionselect his offense or roll from it, and his feats are subpar.

He is kinda like current Shugoki: low levels, uncoordinated fights make him appaer as a monster, but he is a total joke against players knowing what they are doing.

Originally Posted by Goat_of_Vermund Go to original post
    If you know what you are doing with him, he is fine in avarage MM where everyone runs around like headless chickens. People like to feed him Crushing Counters, and can't really understand that they can not lightspam them out from Offensive Stance without using their brain (avarage Kensei probably going crazy because of this). As soon as people start to calmly deal with his offense, and feint into light parry, he is under avarage. And he is obviously not good for comp: not a good antiganker to stall on his own against good gank, not a really good ganker either since you just optionselect his offense or roll from it, and his feats are subpar.

He is kinda like current Shugoki: low levels, uncoordinated fights make him appaer as a monster, but he is a total joke against players knowing what they are doing.
    Hes a noob stomper. Thats one of his inherent issues. The better you become the worse he becomes. Thats why theres so many nerf highlander posts. Just to be honest if you think hes op you dont understand him or the game well

Dunmaglass_'s Avatar Member
    There is no debate, he is obviously weak but, to be honest, I think his playstyle is not the most healthy and if we want his kit working with how the game works today, it's almost like creating a complet new hero.

Yes he needs a redesign to how his offense in offesnive stance works. because as is, it is just too unhealthy

He can be very irritating to face because of how his playstyle is not following the basic rules. And you really have to pay full attention to beat a good one, something I fail to do sometimes. But that of course doesn't mean he is not weak, there is a reason nobody plays him in serious games. He really needs attention.
     2 people found this helpful

In my modest opinion the Highlander needs an overhaul.

Looking at the Core of the character, he is a fierce warrior with a Claymore.

You cannot under any circumstances, have 2 fast lights so that they become spam, given the characteristic of the weapon you use (trying to get closer to reality).

I realize that, he has these lights, because he has some limitations that make other viable options impossible, and the easiest way for Ubisoft was to grant him 2 quick lights in the absence of a good rework to momentarily silence the complaints of the Highlander Mains.

As I said earlier, the Character Core does not go through Spamming lights ... The Highlander needs more viable attack options in order to compete with other taller Tier heroes.

But he is a hero who has to be well analyzed, just like Shugoki. Everyone complains about HA in Shugoki's Light, and I understand that it can be considered a bit anti-game as it serves as a counter to everything.

But to take the HA out of the Shugoki's light, you need to give it weapons so you can work and outwit your opponents.

Heading him over and changing the Demons Embrace will only make him a Warlord lesser without Full Stance.

I think it is necessary to give him more sequences of Light-Light, Heavy-Light, and maybe put his first light at a reasonable speed. You may also be able to cancel the demons embrace with feint.

Something of this kind, respecting the Core of the Character.

I think that one should never run away from the Core of Characters, because that is precisely what makes the game appealing.

Originally Posted by Saint_YeetsXB Go to original post
    Hes a noob stomper. Thats one of his inherent issues. The better you become the worse he becomes. Thats why theres so many nerf highlander posts. Just to be honest if you think hes op you dont understand him or the game well
    the things you said are applicable to nobushi as well. The more you progress the less viable will her kit become and if there is gonna be any other TG in the near future, she should be added to that list as well as with HL.

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    Took the words out of my mouth haha. We are doing another Testing Grounds (TBD) which will feature Shugoki, Option Selects, etc, so I'd love to hear what everyone thinks is wrong with him and how they'd like to see it changed.
    We are not going to confuse things and turn everything into anarchy.

Users, pay for a service provided by Ubisoft, which obviously each in his judgment understands that the product purchased should have improvements in certain ways.

But it is up to Ubisoft to analyze the various complaints it has, check if they are real or just whims and improve its product so that it becomes as appealing or more than it already was.

We are not going to put that responsibility on the users, because each one will give their opinion, no consensus will be reached, and the discussion continues among the users, with the true responsible ones sitting waiting for them to do their job.

Originally Posted by PicoAncus Go to original post
    We are not going to confuse things and turn everything into anarchy.

Users, pay for a service provided by Ubisoft, which obviously each in his judgment understands that the product purchased should have improvements in certain ways.

But it is up to Ubisoft to analyze the various complaints it has, check if they are real or just whims and improve its product so that it becomes as appealing or more than it already was.

We are not going to put that responsibility on the users, because each one will give their opinion, no consensus will be reached, and the discussion continues among the users, with the true responsible ones sitting waiting for them to do their job.
    I see nothing wrong with asking for our opinions, after all, there are some main level 70 highlanders on this forum. They can give useful advice.

I'm sorry to tell you but the video speaks for itself, I suggest you go watch it if you don't believe it, it's not a whim, but highlander really needs an update.