🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Do achievements work for all players in a multiplayer game?

I recently started a multiplayer game (Online, 1404 History Edition) with a friend. We quickly noticed that only I, the one who started the game and loaded it every session, was getting achievements. Is that normal or did we do something wrong? Also, his shortcuts were reset every time the game was restarted. Is that normal too?

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by DavidT_2 Go to original post
    I recently started a multiplayer game (Online, 1404 History Edition) with a friend. We quickly noticed that only I, the one who started the game and loaded it every session, was getting achievements. Is that normal or did we do something wrong? Also, his shortcuts were reset every time the game was restarted. Is that normal too?
    Hey DavidT_2,

Thank you for reaching out!

May we know what particular achievements you were getting as some may require you both to have completed the requirements

As for the shortcuts, are you referring to his keyboard control bindings? As these should be retained once set, are they still resetting each session?

Thank you!

Thanks for the reply Berry!
    The achievements worked all normally before we saved and closed the game for the first time. After I reloaded the savestate and added him to the game as the same player as he has been before, none of his achievements made any progress, meaning that for him the savestate was flagged as one that he could get any achievements on. Essentially we want to have is a savegame where we both can get achievements.

What I meant with shortcuts were the Icons you can stick to the bottom of the screen, I think it is called the action bar. His placement of the icons on there wasn't saved, is that normal?

Ubi-Thrupney's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks very much for clarifying that for us DavidT_2 - that was most helpful!

Our devs are aware of the issue with achievements, and I've forwarded your report as well, so we should hopefully get this looked at as soon as possible. In the meantime, keep an eye on the forums for news of upcoming patches and the fixes they contain.

For the action bar, has your friend found them resetting even in single player, or just while in multiplayer?

Thanks! That sounds great, I thought I read that Anno 1404 HE wouldn't get any more patches, is that not true?

The action bar only resets when we play in multiplayer.

Ubi-Thrupney's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Well, we'd never say never, of course. We've no patches planned, as far as I'm aware, but it's not outside the realms of possibility that we might still have updates at some point. As such, our announcement channels (here on the forum, and our social media accounts) are still worth keeping an eye on for news of any updates.