A ubisoft service is unavailable

I recently purchased silent hunter 5 off steam but every time I attempt to launch the game a window will pop up checking for updates before this page appears and the game refuses to launch. What exactly is going wrong here?

Ubi-Spud's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Ben505995, welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry that you are getting this error when trying to play the game. Please install Ubisoft Connect from this link, and log in. After this, try launching the game on Steam and testing the game again. Let me know if the issue persists!

It now "loads" bug is displayed in a small window in the top left corner. Can' hear anything, can't Alt+Tab to that window, and if I right-click on it, the menu I get is as if I had right clicked on the desktop. Running Windows 10.

Ubi-Spud's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by casteffens86 Go to original post
    It now "loads" bug is displayed in a small window in the top left corner. Can' hear anything, can't Alt+Tab to that window, and if I right-click on it, the menu I get is as if I had right clicked on the desktop. Running Windows 10.
    Ah, sorry to hear this! Could you please try running the game in compatibility mode?