PS3 store closing

Just received email from PSN saying it is closing down the PSN store but I will still have access to all DLC I have purchased. Does that mean that when I purchased songs or song packs that they actually downloaded onto my PS3 ? If so why does it always say enumerating downloaded contentment at start up ?

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello Scotheath1,

Thanks for reaching out!

It looks like Sony reversed the decision upon closing down the Store You can find this information through the official Sony blog here.

I hope it helps and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    scotheath1. Do this while you can.

Buy a used ps4 somewhere cheap. New ones are 299 so used ones on craigslist or gamestop might be a lot less.

Get Rocksmith2014 from the PSN store as a digital download.
    Download the ps3-to-ps4 conversion tool.
    Install all of your DLC songs.

Once you get to this point, you can feel rest assured that you can play rocksmith another 10 years on ps4 or ps5.

Once Sony turns off the ps3 store, you wont be able to download anything!
    If you ps3 harddrive goes out and you try reinstalling your games, you wont be able too.

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    scotheath1. Do this while you can.

Buy a used ps4 somewhere cheap. New ones are 299 so used ones on craigslist or gamestop might be a lot less.

Get Rocksmith2014 from the PSN store as a digital download.
    Download the ps3-to-ps4 conversion tool.
    Install all of your DLC songs.

Once you get to this point, you can feel rest assured that you can play rocksmith another 10 years on ps4 or ps5.

Once Sony turns off the ps3 store, you wont be able to download anything!
    If you ps3 harddrive goes out and you try reinstalling your games, you wont be able too.
    Hello pedietz,

Thank you for sharing this!

However, Sony decided to reverse the decision upon closing the Store recently

ubimark, so ps3 dlcs convert to ps5 direct? Or do you have to have a ps4 for 1 license conversion step?

Originally Posted by Scotheath1 Go to original post
    Just received email from PSN saying it is closing down the PSN store but I will still have access to all DLC I have purchased. Does that mean that when I purchased songs or song packs that they actually downloaded onto my PS3 ? If so why does it always say enumerating downloaded contentment at start up ?
    The "enumerating downloaded content" part is where it creates the list of what songs you own a license to. It's not downloading songs at that point they are already on your machine.

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey pedietz,

Thanks for reaching out.

I wouldn't be able to say with certainty at this time, but as the PS4 and PS5 share the PS Store for the most part, the content on a PS4 should be reflected on the PS5.

I've requested more information on this and will get back to you when we have a definitive answer.

Content on a PS3 reflect on a PS5.

Ubi-Baron's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Hi pedietz,

Just to confirm, you were able to check that and the content was there? If so we're glad to hear that.

My question is for you.

If someone only owns a PS3 and they jump to PS5, will their DLC carry over?

Or does a PS4 have to be involved (prolly because of licensing contracts).

I use Steam.