General

I have been patient. I have waited. I have hoped.

It is now time to tell you that in my opinion Ubisoft Connect is bad. I see nothing in the core product that it does as well or better than the old Uplay.

Uplay worked. Connect does not. The problem as far as I can see boils down to general connectivity issues.Now I know many people would think that it is a problem at my end or with my area or ISP etc.

Well I have used the same 3 PCs/installations in multiple countries with different ISPs utilising different modems both direct and using VPN with and without port forwarding etc and I always have connection problems. I do not think it is a problem I can fix with my setup. Not logging in, dropping out mid game, cloud saves may as well be a thing of the past, problems with purchasing etc. I can run 2 PCs on the same connection and one will declare that the servers cannot be reached but the other will connect without a problem. Every time a gaming session ends Connect cannot synch the saves - 25 'try again's later it does so successfully - if it can do it why can't it do it reliably?

In all these situations with the same hardware etc. Uplay worked, Connect does not (reliably).

I would be remiss if I didn't point out one redeeming feature Connect has - the actual download of games - fast, efficient and the connection never drops. Another indicator that it is not my end where the problem lies.

I don't expect it to be fixed. I have waited and waited for Connect to be patched to the point where it works at least as well as Uplay did. It doesn't and I hold no hope that it ever will. I write this only so that others may avoid the pain. If you can buy a game on a different platform (that doesn't need Connect (unlikely)) then do that otherwise please beware especially with games that require an 'always on' connection.

Personally I will remain in pain as I am not yet read to abandon my game library that requires Connect. New games though.....hmmmm we will see.

Take care out there fellow gamers.

Ubi-Baron's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Apologies for our delayed response to your post here.

We're sorry to hear that this has been your experience with Ubisoft Connect.

Just to confirm, do you have multiple accounts or just the one?

Just one account.

UbiKoreanBBQ's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    So that we can provide a further rounded report to the team about this, can you let me know if you're trying to log into the same Ubisoft account from any of the other locations when you're actively playing on one?

Same account wherever I am. I do not try to log into a different account when I am already logged in. I have one account.

UbiKoreanBBQ's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I understand that you don't have multiple accounts. What I was trying to ask is if, for example, you are actively playing a game in one location, but then in a different location your Ubisoft account is also trying to log in?

No, there is only me using the same hardware. I take it with me when I travel. Nobody else uses the PCs except me and I am the only one that has access to my Ubisoft account. I am only ever logged in to Connect on one machine in one location at a time.

An aside. The Connect connection is slower than logging into my account in a browser. If I ever want to browse the store etc. then It is quicker and more pleasant to do it in a browser. So again it is not my connection it is the software. Quite why a company would release Connect when the duplication of what is already on the web gives a much worse experience is beyond me. Why would it be deemed acceptable to slow down a persons navigation of your content? Why would you want that?