Rainbow Six Siege stuck at installing DirectX

Hi,

I just downloaded Rainbow Six Siege and am trying to launch the game. But when playing for the first time the launcher has to go through 5 steps including installing DirectX (which is the first step). My launcher is stuck at installing DirectX. I don't know how to fix this so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already tried restarting my computer but it didnt fix it.

My computers specs:
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce 970 GTX
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
    RAM: 8GB

A screenshot of where my launcher is stuck:

//Ikbijpsv

Update Manually

Go into your siege folder by following this path directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Rainbow Six Siege - Closed Beta

then locate the support folder. Next open the redist folder and then directx, inside you should have the installation file, run it as admin, complete the installation and then try and play your game.
     1 people found this helpful

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'll try this and let you know if it worked.

Thanks alot!

Originally Posted by mrjimbob133 Go to original post
    Go into your siege folder by following this path directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Rainbow Six Siege - Closed Beta

then locate the support folder. Next open the redist folder and then directx, inside you should have the installation file, run it as admin, complete the installation and then try and play your game.
    It worked
    Thanks alot!

Rainbow Six siege Directx stuck fix

STUCKED ON DIRECT X INSTALLING . you have to do one thing. just open file location of rainbow 6 & go to support & open redist folder and open directx setup install it.if this step not worked for u open all folders that are below direct x and install all VSRUNTIME...if u already installed this VS's just REPAIR them..now open the ubisoft launcher,OPEN RAINBOW 6.NOW THE INSTALLING PROCESS OF DIRECT X WILL BEGIN IN JUST 10 SECONDS & ALL VS's WILL INSTALL AUTOMATICALLY (THIS STEP REALLY WORKED FOR ME I HOPE IT WILL ALSO WORK FOR U ))
     1 people found this helpful

If this didn't work

If running the directX installer didn't work for you (as was the case for me), you can also try just renaming the directX installer to something else or moving it to another place. This worked for me.

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...e_i_launch_pc/

how do i tun it as admin?

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by lakiloki112 Go to original post
    how do i tun it as admin?
    Hey lakiloki112, thanks for reaching out and welcome to forums!

In order to run application as Administrator, please follow steps outlined in the following article.

Should you have any further questions, let us know!