[Placeholder] Error during load, you will lose your current progression

We were thoroughly enjoying this game, then I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and after a few games I started receiving this error message at the menu screen. Thereís no way past it. Iíve also posted this on the Steam forums but no solutions have been offered yet.

Hereís what Iíve tried so far:
    - Backing up and deleting my save game from My Documents/SavedGames/Rayman Legends
    - Backing up and deleting the files from Program Files/Steamapps/Common/Rayman Legends/Gamesave
    - Uninstalling the game and Uplay. I used Revo Uninstaller to make ensure all game data is wiped. Reinstalled Uplay from their website, rather than through Steam.
    - Running Uplay in compatibility mode for Windows 7
    - Running Uplay as an administrator
    - Starting Uplay and the game without being connected to the internet

Now Iím out of ideas. At this point, I wouldnít mind beginning the game from scratch but I canít get past this blooming error message!

Rayman Legends problem

Originally Posted by benmason1 Go to original post
    We were thoroughly enjoying this game, then I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and after a few games I started receiving this error message at the menu screen. Thereís no way past it. Iíve also posted this on the Steam forums but no solutions have been offered yet.

Hereís what Iíve tried so far:
    - Backing up and deleting my save game from My Documents/SavedGames/Rayman Legends
    - Backing up and deleting the files from Program Files/Steamapps/Common/Rayman Legends/Gamesave
    - Uninstalling the game and Uplay. I used Revo Uninstaller to make ensure all game data is wiped. Reinstalled Uplay from their website, rather than through Steam.
    - Running Uplay in compatibility mode for Windows 7
    - Running Uplay as an administrator
    - Starting Uplay and the game without being connected to the internet

Now Iím out of ideas. At this point, I wouldnít mind beginning the game from scratch but I canít get past this blooming error message!
    I have same problem with this game on Win 10...

Try running the game itself in compatibility mode. You can find the .exe file in this directory if you downloaded it from Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rayman Legends
    I'm not sure if it will help as I have never experienced the problem and I also have Windows 10

Originally Posted by Carrot-master Go to original post
    Try running the game itself in compatibility mode. You can find the .exe file in this directory if you downloaded it from Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rayman Legends
    I'm not sure if it will help as I have never experienced the problem and I also have Windows 10
    Thanks, but I tried. Does not work. I think, it is not a compatibility issue, because the game is running, when you select the menu the new game option, than appear the error message. It is a loading problem. This error message somehow connected the previous savegame and your earlier progression.

UbiChrisMANG's Avatar Community Representative
    Weird one. I would say it's a Win 10 compatibility issue except that you were able to play a few games after your upgrade. It may still be a Win 10 compatibilty thing but it's weird that it let you play at first and later started popping the error. Sounds like an issue our Support team is better suited to handle. You can find links to Support in my signature below, go ahead and enter a support ticket. I hope they can get you past this!

Solved

I solved. I hope, this guide will help you. Just few step, it worked for me:
    1. Uninstall the Rayman Legends.
    2. Delete all the folders of the game (from Program FIles/Ubisoft/Rayman Legends and Documents/Rayman Legends save and profile folder)
    3. It is the most important step. Go to Start > Run and type in regedit. In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft\Rayman Legends, Right-click on Rayman Legends select Delete.
    4. Go to Uplay shortcut and right click, Properties/Compatibility and check this box: "Run this program as an administrator"
    5. Download and install the game by Uplay and run it
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-Mya's Avatar Community Staff
    Good job pborossa, thank you for the tip
    Didn't you lose your save with this trick though?

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mya Go to original post
    Good job pborossa, thank you for the tip
    Didn't you lose your save with this trick though?
    Well, I moved my savegame files to another folder, before I began this process, so I didnt lose any progression.
    You can paste this folder to the original place after the installation.

Thanks for the replies but I'm still getting the same error! I've opened a support ticket so hoping they'll help me out.

Ok it seems I've finally fixed it with some help from Ubisoft support. Here's the solution which worked for me:

For Permissions issue can you try the following?
    For the saved game folder and the game folder
    1. Right click an affected folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    Can you now edit the permissions for 'Home Users' and ‘Administrators’? Make sure it is set to 'Allow'

If the same issue happens again can you try the following?
    Right click an affected folder.
    Click Properties.
    Click the Security tab
    Click the "Advanced" button.
    Click "Change" next to Owner.
    Type your Account name, click the "Check Names" button, and then click OK.
    Check "Replace owner on sub containers and objects" under the owner's name.
    Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
    Click the "Edit" button.
    Click on your Windows Account name from the list.
    Check "Full control" underneath it.
    Click OK twice