Exclamation error icon on the cable

I have been playing Rocksmith on my ps4 no issues and then I plug in the cable to my PC in every single usb port and it finds the cable and looks like it is fine in device manager at first then the list refreshes and then i get the yellow Exclamation error icon on the cable. I have tried reinstalling, uninstalling and more but nothing. This is a brand new Desktop PC, tried 2.0 ports and 3.0 ports and the same thing. Any advice to get this to work!!!

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    It may still work in the game, if not then the standard things to try are.

Unplugging and replugging the cable .. maybe even removing the driver ... and doing this over and over again until you are about to scream. Luckily I only have to do this about once a year on one of my systems. It is a stubborn system. And probably has to do with USB power issues, which can be solved with the below suggestion.

Get an external wall powered USB 2.0 hub ... this solves the above problem very well too.

Try other USB ports on your system.

Don't have other USB devices plugged into the same USB root hub.

Remove any other USB and/or gaming devices.

Disable any other software that might be trying to grab the cable.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Grant microphone access in Windows 10 or Catalina/BigSur?

Dont some motherboards have to turn on/off xhci mode on the usb in the BIOS?

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello RJPhllps7,

Sorry to hear that you are receiving an error with the cable and apologies for the delayed reply.

Originally Posted by rcole_sooner Go to original post
    It may still work in the game, if not then the standard things to try are.

Unplugging and replugging the cable .. maybe even removing the driver ... and doing this over and over again until you are about to scream. Luckily I only have to do this about once a year on one of my systems. It is a stubborn system. And probably has to do with USB power issues, which can be solved with the below suggestion.

Get an external wall powered USB 2.0 hub ... this solves the above problem very well too.

Try other USB ports on your system.

Don't have other USB devices plugged into the same USB root hub.

Remove any other USB and/or gaming devices.

Disable any other software that might be trying to grab the cable.
    Have you tried the steps from above by any chance?

Additionally, I would suggest disabling your background applications with this link.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

PS: @rcole_sooner - thank you for sharing!