The Division 2 Crash to desktop

The game crashes continuously and returns to the desktop without error message, I have read several posts about it and I have tried several fixes,i had crashes a few days ago ( i just recently bought it), then it worked perfectly for 2 days and today again continuous crashes.
    I tried to repair the installation files from ubisoft connect, directly launch the division 2 as administrator, repair the division 2 with "easy anticheat", play in borderless full screen mode, nothing seems to have solved the issue.
    Video drivers and windows 10 are up to date (I'm using direct x 11 because I read that with 12 there are further problems)
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Rtx 2070 processor super 16 gb ram so the requirements should be more than enough to run it smoothly. Need help

Regnar_Lothbrok's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    You are not alone - since 12.1 lot of us have CTD - Some days I can´t play the game at all - today I had 4 in a row and gave up and left

Ubi-Spud's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey folks - the developers are aware of this issue but I do not have a further update at this time. As soon as we know more, we will communicate this to your guys in this forum.

Thank you again for your continued patience, and I'm very sorry for all the frustration this is causing.
     2 people found this helpful

same issue here but.... im able to play normally on new character (made in 04.2021, hardcore) without any crashes and cant play more than 10 minutes on my main character (made at the game lunch)

Crashing to Desktop with no warning whatsoever.
    Event Log shows the following:

Fault bucket 1703722446027238463, type 5 Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: TheDivision2.exe P2: 1.0.0.0 P3: 10.0.19042.2.0.0 P4: P5: P6: P7: P8: P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\Users\ACID_R~1\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR9649.t mp\empty.txt \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9 669.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9 679.tmp.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9 6C6.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9 705.tmp.txt These files may be available here: Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 4ef1ec64-e990-4175-b85f-c87388cc3e1d Report Status: 268435456 Hashed bucket: 06cac3d445693e8d07a4d689b7502c3f Cab Guid: 0

Added whitelist to Windows Defender for both folder, and all processes.
    Verified all game files. Multiple friends get these crashes randomly, too - about six of them who also play along with me.

Here's the output of my system info from Speccy:
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 9 3950x 16c(32t) CPU
    RAM
    32.0GB DDR4 3900MHz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X570 AORUS XTREME (AM4) 38 °C
    Graphics
    AW2521HFL (1920x1080@144Hz)
    VX2452 Series9 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    24095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (EVGA) 60 °C
    Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDS100T3XHC-00SJG0 (M2 (SSD))
    1863GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB (SATA (SSD)) 29 °C
    1863GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB (SATA (SSD)) 29 °C
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 01FALS-00Y6A0 SATA Disk Device (SATA ) 40 °C
    1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20 03FZEX-00SRLA0 SATA Disk Device (SATA ) 37 °C
    Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
    Audio
    Komplete Audio 6 WDM Audio

crashing constantly

I have also been unable to play the game at all the last several days because of constant crashes to desktop with no error message within 2-4 minutes of playing the game, without fail. I just purchased the NY bundle with their big sale. Pretty pissed having to spend hours to try and fix it with the insane number of suggestions from people dating as far back as 2 years ago. Pretty close to trying to fight for a refund over this.

Originally Posted by Frankenturkey Go to original post
    I have also been unable to play the game at all the last several days because of constant crashes to desktop with no error message within 2-4 minutes of playing the game, without fail. I just purchased the NY bundle with their big sale. Pretty pissed having to spend hours to try and fix it with the insane number of suggestions from people dating as far back as 2 years ago. Pretty close to trying to fight for a refund over this.
    Since March, 23rd I'm not experience any freeze or CTD, My PC just old PC, minimum requirement for this game, may be you could try this:
    1. Run exe files from folder [Dirve]:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2 "as an Administrator" in properties compatibility setting
    2. If you not using Anti Virus from Windows 10 and using other brand like Avast,Avira, Bitdefender, please disable the anti virus when you play.
    3. In Game Graphic setting, try low setting, if not crashing try to increase it.
    4. In Screen setting, try fullscreen (windowed) setting, if not crashing, you can change it to fullscreen.

Do you want or you can not bring an update for the crash problem. Do you think we're stupid. It can not go on like this. You mean. We players are waiting for an improvement until the end of the year. And you keep coming up with the same excuses. The polarity event begins. And you get crashes every minute. It's just ridiculous how you deal with this situation. You don't care that this problem is fixed.

upgraded from 16gb to 32 gb memory and still crashing. what do you need to help us help you?

I just recently bought THE DIVISION 2. I used to play on my old pc THE DIVISION 1 6 years ago before my divorce then went broke. then this month i wasn't that broke anymore, bought an MSI LAPTOP with 32 GB RAM & GEFORE 3060T, super powerfull beast laptop. Made my gaming twitch channel here on twitch twitch.tv/shdwstrkrgaming , and then nostalgicly playing this **** dumb game. And it crashed. crashed crashed crashed like my old marriage. It crashed more often then my ex wive complaints. My sweet God.. WTF UBISHIIITTT!!! Imbalance fckin CONFLICT **** game, better Last man standing pvp back in the division 1, **** stupid fragiles armor. OmFG... can u just make a good video games..? come on man u all like 40 ****** years in game industry experience. wtf..

*just my pissed rant of my loved game.