1. #1
    UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,615

    Testing Grounds Megathread - April 1-8


    Greetings, Warriors! Send us your feedback on the Testing Grounds changes here in this thread, once you've played a few matches. We'll be reading through your feedback! Also: feel free to post more than once as ideas come to you the more that you play.

    Please also take the time to respond to this survey once you've had time to play: https://ubi.li/UK4GW

    Read all about the Testing Grounds changes in the article located here: https://ubi.li/QFaY4!
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    MayanKingGaming's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Mérida, México
    Posts
    714
    done. it makes me glad devs are doing the balancing and tests, now this question is not TG related, UbiYubble can we know why hito and cent can have enough time to return to their guards when I do the correct read with my Pk dodge attack on their lights?

    hito can only be damaged if I do the dodge attack in the same direction as her light.
    Centurion is a pain in the *** and totally unfair game he can always return his guard on time no matter what time I use or the direction, only need decent reflexes from the enemy player. Totally unfair cause the char is punishing my correct read rendering my attack useless.As if Pk was so great moveset wise.
    Share this post

  3. #3

    Shugoki

    The changes for Shugoki are good but I do have some issues:


    1) Removing too much reduces utility, uniqueness, and identity:

    1a) Removing Demon's Embrace Soft-feint

    Removing hyper armour from his lights and Demon's Embrace was good as these made him very frustrating to fight for many. However, removing the DE soft-feint from his heavies entirely was unnecessary since, again, it was the hyper armour that made his mix-ups oppressive. This change reduces Shugoki's utility.

    1b) Removing the original Charge of the Oni
    I feel removing the original Charge of the Oni was also unnecessary. This was another unique tool that added to Shugoki's identity. The move was already nerfed as it used to knock down opponents; now it's completely gone. This so-called new version of the move is a variation of Shinobi's double-sprint. Yes, it is good as it allows Shugoki to get around the map but there is no reason why he couldn't keep his old Charge of the Oni since both moves had different inputs and functions.

    1c) Swapping unique tools for less unique ones

    I was hoping the developers would add more depth to the heroes' kits but removing unique & viable tools on top of the useless ones makes little sense to me and makes me wonder about the direction the devs want to take FH's combat. The only removal that made sense was Zhanhu's deflect because that didn't do anything overall. The problem with Shugoki now his more unique tools have been swapped with less unique ones which eats away at this identity. This is the same problem Valkyrie still has from her last rework. I'm okay with less unique tools being additions to a hero's kit in general but not to replace unique ones that were either not problematic or only needed nerfing.


    2)Suggestions to further improve Shugoki:
    The following suggestions are geared towards making Shugoki less predictable, more unique, and having more utility in his kit.

    2a)
    Add back the Demon's Embrace soft-feint to Shugoki's heavies without the hyper armour

    2b) Add back the old Charge of the Oni hand have it coexist with his new double-sprint

    2c) Give Shugoki the complete 2-hit chain attack set and allow him to follow his light finishers with a heavy finisher. Chain set should look like the following:
    • LL
    • LH
    • HL
    • HH
    • LLH
    • HLH


    2d) Make the forward dodge heavy feintable and add the Demon's Embrace soft-feint to it.

    2e) Allow Shugoki to cancel the following recoveries with Demon's Embrace
    • Heavy finisher
    • Charged heavy
    • Headbutt
    • Opening light and heavy
    • Zone Attack
    • Dodge heavy

    These changes would allow Shugoki to replace his finishers with Demon's Embrace as well as follow-up on his chain finishers
    Share this post

  4. #4

    Simply with No details

    Sorry I'm too lazy too type so I'm writing like a little kid. :c






    Shugoki: Lower Demon Embrace damage to opponent. Ps it's kinda spammable in the right hands.

    Zhanzu: Very Spammable with the lights Give him more stamina cost or lower light damage.

    Hito: Heavy Damage it too much

    Glad: Crazy Pressure Love It

    Berserker: Why didnt you guys nerf him/her she needed one why did you guys buff her.

    JJ: Edgewalk Turtle he is too safe he needs to do less damage, be less agile, and more recovery time.

    Aramusha: The blockage does too much damage, He needs to have also more stamina cost on heavys.

    Shinobi: x_x

    This is my opinion so I don't want any one to be judgement about it.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    This is coming from someone who's casually mained Shugoki since launch. I would say that the only real problem with Shugoki's rework is that Demon's Embrace lost all its redeeming properties. Damage and healing nerf, loss of hyper armor, and loss of heavy soft feint felt like way too much. The move still has one of if not the longest recovery times in the game and the only benefit it got from the rework is that its slightly faster than LB's longarm now.

    I don't understand why hyper armor had to be removed, because the attack is slow and easy to react to from neutral. Giving hyper armor would at least allow you to land it when the enemy is being careless.

    The damage and healing nerf was uncalled for. I mean the move is already the highest risk move in the game, so why is the reward being lessened?

    I am ok with the Demon's Embrace soft feint removal, but it would be nice if Shugoki could get a soft feint to guard break like JJ did.

    Other than that the rest of the Shugoki changes are good in my opinion.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by VentedDrop017 Go to original post
    This is coming from someone who's casually mained Shugoki since launch. I would say that the only real problem with Shugoki's rework is that Demon's Embrace lost all its redeeming properties. Damage and healing nerf, loss of hyper armor, and loss of heavy soft feint felt like way too much. The move still has one of if not the longest recovery times in the game and the only benefit it got from the rework is that its slightly faster than LB's longarm now.

    I don't understand why hyper armor had to be removed, because the attack is slow and easy to react to from neutral. Giving hyper armor would at least allow you to land it when the enemy is being careless.

    The damage and healing nerf was uncalled for. I mean the move is already the highest risk move in the game, so why is the reward being lessened?

    I am ok with the Demon's Embrace soft feint removal, but it would be nice if Shugoki could get a soft feint to guard break like JJ did.

    Other than that the rest of the Shugoki changes are good in my opinion.
    Did you not here the dev's say that move got hit 80% of a time in a fight. In my opinion I like this new way of shoguki. He does not need no demon embrace with hyper armor or anything. What they should do is make us take 10dam and do 15health back on demon embrace.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by DeeFautBoi34 Go to original post
    Sorry I'm too lazy too type so I'm writing like a little kid. :c






    Shugoki: Lower Demon Embrace damage to opponent. Ps it's kinda spammable in the right hands.

    Zhanzu: Very Spammable with the lights Give him more stamina cost or lower light damage.

    Hito: Heavy Damage it too much

    Glad: Crazy Pressure Love It

    Berserker: Why didnt you guys nerf him/her she needed one why did you guys buff her.

    JJ: Edgewalk Turtle he is too safe he needs to do less damage, be less agile, and more recovery time.

    Aramusha: The blockage does too much damage, He needs to have also more stamina cost on heavys.

    Shinobi: x_x

    This is my opinion so I don't want any one to be judgement about it.
    Thank god you aren’t a for honor dev because Jejus Christ.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Loved Zhanhu, only problem I had was having his dodge attacks still light parries even though the notes siad they werent, probebly just a bug tho i still had fun overall.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Please take away the Rocksteady feat from Shugoki and Aramusha, just like how you took away Thick Blood from Warden. Rocksteady is maybe not as unfair as Thick Blood was, but is still a badly designed one, preventing max punishes and therefore shutting down every kit in the game. It is just an easy "get away with not counter GB-ing properly" feat, really.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by DeeFautBoi34 Go to original post
    Did you not here the dev's say that move got hit 80% of a time in a fight. In my opinion I like this new way of shoguki. He does not need no demon embrace with hyper armor or anything. What they should do is make us take 10dam and do 15health back on demon embrace.
    First off, I have heard about the 80% hit rate. Like I said, I was fine with the soft feint removal, which was probably the main reason for the attack hitting so much. Let alone the 80% also counts for guaranteed Demon's Embraces as well, so the exact percentage of hits from the mix-up is unclear.

    I should make it clear that Demon's Embrace is supposed to be a high-risk/high-reward move. The risk is obvious with the insanely long recovery time, but the reward is too small in the testing grounds. Understanding that most light attacks do more than 10 damage means that even if you do pull off a Demon's Embrace, with how much harder it is to land, it only takes one quick light to remove all the damage you healed and then some. Now if the Devs didn't get rid of the soft feint, I could understand a slight damage and healing nerf. But when the move has become so much harder to land, it only makes sense to keep the original damage and healing value.

    Due to Demon's Embrace being so much harder to land, giving hyper armor back wouldn't be too bad. It would allow you to land it, if the enemy is being too careless. Let alone getting light attacked out of your moves all the time isn't fun regardless of what character your playing. That is why I feel that having hyper armor on a slow and reactable attack is not going to make it that much stronger, but it will at least make the move a bit more threatening.
    Share this post