XBox One S Controller not recognized when connected to PC via Bluetooth

I am using one of the new Xbox One S controllers with my PC which is now able to connect via bluetooth. This work fine with other games (e.g. Alien Isolation) but Far Cry Primal does not recognize that a controller is attached.

The new Xbox One S controller, when connected via Bluetooth, requires the latest version of Windows 10 ("Anniversary Update" released in September).

Going forwards this will be a standard way of connecting new Xbox gamepads to PCs, as Bluetooth is very common and there will be no need to purchase an additional Xbox One Wireless adapter for PC anymore.

Is Ubisoft aware of this issue?

Is a fix being issued by Ubisoft or maybe Microsoft?

UbiSoftSempai's Avatar Ubisoft Support Lead
    Hey there ticklywizard, welcome to our Ubisoft forums!

Since there are hundreds of models of controllers available, I cannot provide exact assistance with configuring controllers to work with the game. But here are some general steps to try:
    1. Download and install any driver updates for your controller from the manufacturer's website.
    2. Make sure that your controller is properly configured in the Windows Control Panel.
    3. Check for any in-game controller settings that may need to be adjusted.

That being said, the Xbox One S controller was designed & released after Far Cry Primal was launched. The game was probably not designed with the features of something that wasn't released yet. Going forward it will be on our minds, but it may not be fixed on titles that have already been released. Thus, the troubleshooting steps I provided will hopefully help get the controller to work on your PC.

same problem

Originally Posted by UbiSeraphim Go to original post
    Hey there ticklywizard, welcome to our Ubisoft forums!

Since there are hundreds of models of controllers available, I cannot provide exact assistance with configuring controllers to work with the game. But here are some general steps to try:
    1. Download and install any driver updates for your controller from the manufacturer's website.
    2. Make sure that your controller is properly configured in the Windows Control Panel.
    3. Check for any in-game controller settings that may need to be adjusted.

That being said, the Xbox One S controller was designed & released after Far Cry Primal was launched. The game was probably not designed with the features of something that wasn't released yet. Going forward it will be on our minds, but it may not be fixed on titles that have already been released. Thus, the troubleshooting steps I provided will hopefully help get the controller to work on your PC.
    I buy the game on black friday and i have same problema with Xbox one s controller connected via bluetooth.
    Windows 10 anniversary with all patches applied, latest firmware on controller installed.
    The controller Works correctly in steam and origin, as inside Windows 10 (emulators).

please help with this issue!

i have bought a xbox one wireless adapter and with this type of connection the controller is recognized by the game.

The controller connected via bluetooth works correctly in older games as aliens vs predators, so its not excuse that this controller is newer than the game.

Regards.

Confirmed! I have exactly the same problem!

Brand new Xbox Wireless Controller (2016 model), connected via Bluetooth -> Controller not supported

All other games (20+ new and old ones!) work flawlessly with this Controller via Bluetooth. Even 5 year old games have no problem with it!

This is pretty embarrasing for a new AAA game. Ubisoft, can you PLEASE fix this?

Cheers, S.
     1 people found this helpful

I would really appreciate seeing this fixed. This problem is specific to Far Cry. The xbox one bluetooth controller works fine on other UBISoft games, including the Assassin's Creed Franchise (pre-release of controller) and Watch Dogs (post-release of controller).

It is now 2019. I am experiencing the same problems with Far Cry Primal when I try to use my Xbox One S gamepad. It looks like Ubisoft has no plans to solve the issue. They did the same with AC 1 and 2 which don't recognize my Xbox One S bluetooth gamepad as well. Other games seem to be okay.

Fortunately I do still have an Xbox 360 gamepad I can use but I find it disappointing that a relatively new game like Far Cry Primal has not been updated by Ubisoft, to fix the issue when older Far Cry games seem to work with my Xbox One S gamepad quite well via bluetooth.

hello everyone ! same here, original microsoft xbox one controller can't be use with farcry primal...
    works with lot of other games !

edit : problem partialy solved, my xbox one controller works if I use the cable XD
    the game is too primal to recognize bluetooth technology !

Ubi-Orion's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by yosegaman Go to original post
    hello everyone ! same here, original microsoft xbox one controller can't be use with farcry primal...
    works with lot of other games !

edit : problem partialy solved, my xbox one controller works if I use the cable XD
    the game is too primal to recognize bluetooth technology !
    Hey there!

What platform are you playing on? Uplay, Epic or Steam? Can I also ask you to try installing your bluetooth/controller drivers if you haven't already done so?

Hey Ubi-Orion,

i got the same problem, the controller is working fine wired, but not connected with bluetooth.
    I play on Uplay.

The controller is working fine in every other game.

Edit: Solved it by adding Far Cry Primal to steam and using their Controller-Scheme
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/29811...41765145964824