Help getting mask

Anyone on ps4 who has gotten the vile mask want to help me farm for one? I've been trying but so far only get coyote masks. I didn't get a chance to do season 2 for life reasons and know if you got it before it's easier to get.

Ubi-Lucipus's Avatar Community Manager
    (I moved your post to general where it might have a bit more exposure )

SevenNVD's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    Originally Posted by Raven2682000 Go to original post
    Anyone on ps4 who has gotten the vile mask want to help me farm for one? I've been trying but so far only get coyote masks. I didn't get a chance to do season 2 for life reasons and know if you got it before it's easier to get.

Farming for a specific item can be a daunting task. My advice is to not go staring blind on it, and just combine the farm with other objectives and activities you are chasing. Do the 30 floors Summit each week, the SHD requisition project and maybe a legendary mission if you can beat them with ease. I think the exotics from those project caches are sharable so it's wise to team up so you can share them.

Also, season 2 is to be repeated after current season, so you will get it eventually.

Just like how people are grinding but getting 20x Acosta before finally Momento - This is same thing in that you'll get like 20-30 Coyote before a Vile drops.

In 3 months I have received 2x Vile and 2x Momento.

But if insist then if there is a day where target loot is on a main mission which is short and quick like Lincoln, if not then summit.

Summit at least you'll be with players playing for hours continuously without a break, but main missions you have to keep match making each run as a downtime between. No harm in asking team mates to switch target loot if their sole purpose is only XP grinding to increase chances.

Best way to play is doing what you enjoy and let the loot drop naturally, just play with the builds you got. More pleasant experience.

I have more vile masks than I can count. More memento's, more coyote's masks, etc.

They drop when you aren't hoping for them and they never drop when you really want one.

I was recently hoping for a Dark Winter. When it finally came, I quickly found out the weapon I was using is far superior (for me, my build, and playstyle).

I do nothing more than log in each day and play the daily project, and as time permits the weekly, and if there is a season I do what ever is active.

I can't prove it, just as no one can prove their theories/observations are really fact within the RNG system. But I am convinced that the RNG system does favor these things versus random things.