Previous post deleted since Tuesday am. New Ubisoft Policy?

to Ubisoft Moderator

I wanted to post to a thread I started early Tuesday morning regarding crashes and my attempts to resolve issues before learning of network issues.
    But it appears to have been deleted rather then moved if it was in the wrong Forum. I was not upset by the crashes I was incurring but
    that someone who took the time to make a suggestion based on something they noticed during a crash and they hoped would help resolve problem is treated so rudely.

So, on Wednesday I was able to play 3-4 hrs. without crashing. It is now Thursday, my game has crash twice but if Ubisoft does not care to
    hear from someone with continued concerns, fine delete this thread too.

ArthuurDent
     2 people found this helpful

Merphee's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    In regards to the crash threads, we wanted to combine them all into one thread so that the front page of general discussion isn't swamped with many different threads pertaining to the same topic.

That way, new members, or members just passing by but don't post have a central thread to visit. So you thread was likely moved.

There are forums that a culture such that one isn't supposed to create threads, but instead find the thread that is 8 years old and has 1,200 posts and tack onto that.... but before you even think of doing that, you'd better read all 1,200 so you can be sure your new reply adds something new and meaningful to the conversation. Yeah, I am talk about gtaforums. LOL.

IMHO, collapsing threads into a single one might be seen as censoring so as to make issues not seem that widespread.
     2 people found this helpful

Thank you Merphee

Thank you for the explanation. The point I was making is my thread was not tagged as moved so I could go to proper thread. I tried searching my user name and no post/thread was found. And by the way - Senior Members who might want to comment on posts by members bear in mind some of us have been members longer then our latest post. In my case I have been supporting Ubisoft since the mid 1980's and been a member under various user names on different versions of Ubisoft forums for thirty years. Your post was neither clever or needed. A good member is one who knows when to participate and when to let a Ubisoft representatives handle customer concerns.

ArthuurDent

Merphee's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    Originally Posted by ArthuurDent Go to original post
    Thank you for the explanation. The point I was making is my thread was not tagged as moved so I could go to proper thread. I tried searching my user name and no post/thread was found. And by the way - Senior Members who might want to comment on posts by members bear in mind some of us have been members longer then our latest post. In my case I have been supporting Ubisoft since the mid 1980's and been a member under various user names on different versions of Ubisoft forums for thirty years. Your post was neither clever or needed. A good member is one who knows when to participate and when to let a Ubisoft representatives handle customer concerns.

ArthuurDent
    Do you remember what the thread was titled?

UbiT00n's Avatar Community Representative
    Will look into this but just as a reminder:

"Moderation actions – These are not a topic for public discussion, if you have a serious issue to raise with moderation actions taken against you or in general, please contact a Community Manager. Flaming moderators or their actions (this includes telling them how to moderate) is no more acceptable than insulting a regular user."

Thank you Merphee update

Hello Merphee

As are the cases in life sometimes you don't look for the right answers and thus do not see the answer you are looking for.

Under search by user name my first thread does not appear but when searched by thread using the correct wording it does. Late Tuesday night - early Wednesday morning
    I started "I do not know if this will help but..." not "I don't know if this will help but..." that I search for Thursday when I came back to forums to update thread regarding more
    crashes after launching game. I found the thread this morning and except my forum spanking.

ArthuurDent

Originally Posted by UbiT00n Go to original post
    Will look into this but just as a reminder:

"Moderation actions – These are not a topic for public discussion, if you have a serious issue to raise with moderation actions taken against you or in general, please contact a Community Manager. Flaming moderators or their actions (this includes telling them how to moderate) is no more acceptable than insulting a regular user."
    Then I suggest you have a word with your 'volunteer moderators' and tell them to stop merging posts and /or threads about completely different issues which only goes to confuse the issues at hand even further.

But hey, I guess the old adage about getting what you pay for is correct.