So about the removal from Online Services.

I assume the DLC from the Deluxe pack will work without issue.
    But will removing the game from the master list make Uplay point rewards like the Meow Dungeon or Relic set permanently unavailable unless you start the game with a save where they are already enabled?

Additionally. Does the removal from the online services pave the way for a possible re-release on GOG?

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello there Sonlira!

You can find more information about what content will no longer be available in this forum post.

To clarify, Ubisoft Connect rewards will be disabled in-game, meaning that you can still unlock them, but you will not receive them. On PC, even if you have redeemed them, the ULC will no longer be available. This means that Meow Dungeon and the Relic set will no longer be available even if they have already been redeemed.

DLC should still be available, as this is not connected to Ubisoft Connect.

If you have any further questions or concerns about the discontinuation about the Might & Magic X Legacy online services, please don't hesitate to reach out!

How does one "reach out?"

MMX Legacy checks to see if you're connected to the server in order to allow you to progress past Act 1. With no server, the game is broken; you cannot play past Act 1. Is there a fix that doesn't involve my having to manually edit files?
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Bandobras_Took Go to original post
    How does one "reach out?"

MMX Legacy checks to see if you're connected to the server in order to allow you to progress past Act 1. With no server, the game is broken; you cannot play past Act 1. Is there a fix that doesn't involve my having to manually edit files?

I got tMMX Legacy (and its DLC) thru Steam.
    Will Ubisoft patch MMX so it no longer needs persistent internet connectivity neither user authentication shenanigans, thus enabling us to play the game normally again? A simple "Yes/No" question, Ubisoft! Please, fix the game for us!
     2 people found this helpful

The copy protection breaking the game needs to be patched out. At this point, Ubisoft is selling a broken product. Even if the company assumes that this won't impact too many people, it's a bad look and should make any customer reconsider whether they're interested in purchasing games from the company in the future since they could be broken by the company at any point without recourse.

Many people buy games and have them backlogged and visit them from time to time over years. Moves like this suggest that games should only be purchased at a discount and only when they're ready to actually be played to completion which will impact sales revenues both in terms of quantity sold, but also potentially on the prices the games are sold for.

Rather than having people be disgruntled that they're unable to play their broken game, it would be a good PR move to patch out the server dependency that has broken the main game and possibly to provide the Uplay rewards content to all game owners. I can't imagine that the cost of patching that in would be significant.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubisoft, listen, I know it takes some manpower to patch out the online elements when you're disconnecting an older game from your servers but don't you think you could - and should - spare some? Do you think you're improving your cred with the players with this dismissive approach or the opposite?

I just made a support ticket regarding this problem and was told that the issue has been forwarded to the development team and that they will investigate the issue.

I'm very happy to hear that, but I just wanted to say here that any sort of public acknowledgement from a developer or Ubisoft representative that they're looking to fix this issue will go a long way in making me (and many others, I'm sure) feel a lot less uneasy!
     3 people found this helpful

If the game is broken I should get a refund! How do i escalate this?

I got the same response. I think its probably a BS response. MMH6 has been broken too and it seems ignored

It does seem like Ubisoft didn't realize the impact of their own legacy service shutdown. And now that they do, they're opting to sweep this under the rug and especially screw over those that didn't have time to play through this yet.

Maybe I'm wrong and they're still evaluating and planning a fix. Hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. Remember, us gamers will remember this inconsiderate course of action. Gaming companies that treat their customers with respect are the ones that get my future business.