Hey guys

Destructiod found a solution to the problem with glitch. If you get it. Then delete your save. The game will load up a back up save file and you can undo that problem area. I hope this type of solution helps for all the PoP Community who unfortunately had to encounter the glitch in the game.

[Note: My experience with The Forgotten Sands was almost entirely free of noticeable bugs or glitches, with one exception that I'd be remiss in ignoring. The title features an auto-save system with one game save per profile; there's no way to manually save your progress. Late in the game, I had missed a jump and fallen to my death... at which point the game decided to auto-save. When the game re-loaded, I found myself caught in an earlier area, and the game wouldn't trigger doors I would need to progress. I was trapped.

Unfortunately, this happened late in the game and I had feared all of my progress was lost. Not quite the case -- I discovered that The Forgotten Sands makes a "back up auto-save" that can only be accessed if your primary save is corrupt or deleted. Once deleted, the game successfully loaded the back-up, which only found me losing a few hours of progress.

I mention this to fully disclose my experience, but note that I feel it was an isolated incident that I couldn't repeat had I tried.]
    Source: http://www.destructoid.com/rev...n-sands-174013.phtml

Cheers

Zapages

jmk1999's Avatar Moderator
    thanks for the heads up... i'm still waiting for amazon to ship mine. kinda strange it hasn't shipped yet actually... hmmm...

Gypsy816's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks for posting Zap!

bitebug2003's Avatar Global Moderator
    I'm sticking this so we don't get a dozen threads with the same question

Instructions below

Originally posted by FredEx919:
    One thing I can suggest at this point would be to run the game from your backup Auto Save file. I included the steps for this below.

Xbox 360
    1. From the dash board go to "My Xbox"
    2. Scroll to System Settings (Far Right)
    3. Choose "memory"
    4. Open your storage device
    5. Choose Games
    6. Select "Prince of Prince:TFS"

PS3
    1. From the XMB scroll to the games menu
    2. Open the save data utility folder
    3. Locate prince of Persia: TFS

You most likely have an "Auto Save" file and a "Backup Autosave" file. You can try deleting the "Auto Save" and then starting the game and choosing "Continue" allowing it to load from the backup autosave file. This will hopefully take you to an earlier point in the game that you can continue from. Let me know if this works.
    Ubisoft Tech Guy

Thank you, thank you! I was having this problem as well and had even started a new game, but it happened again! I will try deleting the save file this time and see if using the backup file works. I hope so, because I actually like this game and would like to finish it!

Grafferu's Avatar Senior Member
    Will the glitch be in the PC version too ?

hopefully this doesn't mean they'll just say screw it on making a patch.

Originally posted by Grafferu:
    Will the glitch be in the PC version too ?
    Originally posted by dom1999:
    hopefully this doesn't mean they'll just say screw it on making a patch.
    My thoughts exactly...

maybe if i'm lucky... by the time amazon finally decides to send the game to me, i'll have an update ready to download for the game. that happened to me for something else a while back... don't remember what game, but it was quite convenient.

zgubilici's Avatar Global Moderator
    Originally posted by dom1999:
    thanks for the heads up... i'm still waiting for amazon to ship mine. kinda strange it hasn't shipped yet actually... hmmm...
    Amazon is awful with preorders - it happened to me twice and I'm never getting a preorder from Amazon again, unless I don't really want the game in the first two-three weeks after its release.
    Even after an entire debate and "email tennis" with Customer Service (with the usual "we will pass the concerns along to the appropriate department" bit at the end of it all), nothing improved in that area. It's a shame really, because their other services are great.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►