🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Skull & bones forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Still waiting patiently

Just to let you know Ubisoft, I'm one of the people still waiting patiently because I love the pirate genre in video games and I think your company will do a great job on Skull and Bones. I'm one of the people that has been waiting since 2017. I hope this year we will see the game at the next Ubisoft Forward internet event sometime soon. There have been a lot of days I have looked at the fantastic art design of old video game footage and have been waiting to see how you've changed the game and how good it will be. I've been hoping this game will be soo good when it comes out that it will win game of the year.
    Good Luck and best wishes for a great game.
     6 people found this helpful

My personal opinion is that we (the gamers) would like to see the game this year ... and hope it will not be changed so many times that it will have Cyberpunk 2077 fate or the most famous fate of Duke Nukem Forever . I played Ubisoft games AC on every platform and I love Pirates/Naval games (Silent Hunter) so I was in love with Skull & Bones since the teaser trailer but I (and I think many players feel this way) would prefer the game to be done sooner than later because these days everything but the gameplay or main story itself can be fixed with a good patch .... and the more delay the game gets the bigger expectations from us gamers will be (see Cyberpunk 2077) and the greater dissapointment for every bug in the game .
    I also with regrets must say that AC series comes faster to an end and S&B could easy be the next best series from Ubisoft . What I want to say it is that AC like Hitman had his time and did his job , maybe sometime later a remake of AC 1 would be very well received by the fans but for the moment I think that Skull & Bones or even the next installment in Silent Hunter frachise would sell better and will be praised by critics. .
     1 people found this helpful

ballon009's Avatar Senior Member
    Ubisoft is notorious in their fear of their community- i highly doubt they would risk making this their flag ship game. They always try to push their IPs that already exist. Case in point watch dogs. Which is a fundamentally horrible concept- knowing it is just MODERN DAY ASSSASSISN CREED

Since Blume is a division of the templars, which helped create the security system used by the animus and what ever- and that all modern deadsec are just that, assassins who moved away from the hidden blade. Its also why that IP is terrible. No one wants to see a bunch of boring people hack ppl to death.

The premise here in skull and bones is way better. Here is why

1) Looter shooter- as outlined by my video, https://youtu.be/r3TfK75dMKk

Infinite scaling loot and rewards, which allow for infinite progression [and skilled combat] allowing you to make the for honour they actually wanted to make

2) Easier concept to work with, pirates are real life, there is 450 years of history to explore. All of the legends of piracy- with a soft magic system. You can make this game a series that lasts next 50-60 years of content with expansions alone

3) You can monetize this system easier as its a MMO- as i have said before I AM COMPLETELY FINE WITH MAKING SKULL AND BONES HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION

All the best games-mmos- have paid subscription, assuming we get expansions free, or have to have one or the other-

!!! this concept is way better lol- so yes i agree with you snow
     2 people found this helpful

A "premium" subscription for cosmetics and a few XP buffs, sure. I bet they'd go for the trendy season pass. A subscription to be able to play - nah. Iirc I read something about a 5v5 gamemode - sounds like a competitive game to me. LoL is f2p. And the most played game atm. CS:GO is still being played alot, as well as Rainbow Six Siege. S&B can't be f2p for sure, but the 5v5 nature of a PvP gamemode allows for an infinite replay value - competitive PvP doesn't die quickly if done right.

I just hope Ubisoft isn't as 'resourceful' in terms of different gamemodes as with For Honor.

Maybe an unpopular opinion - if the game seems to fail, a pirate battle royal has already been done, but not with these visuals and engine.

Overall: The lack of competition in this genre would allow for Ubisoft to make this game the best PvE and PvP pirate title. The possibilities are there and after 5 years I feel like multiple gamemodes (for example an PvE(semi PvP) adventure mode to unlock new crew, ship parts etc. pared with some 5v5 PvP gamemodes and eventually maybe BR to best other players with the unlocked stuff) isn't too much to be asked for.

Or is my taste just way off?

ballon009's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Pot-Valor.Anco Go to original post
    A "premium" subscription for cosmetics and a few XP buffs, sure. I bet they'd go for the trendy season pass. A subscription to be able to play - nah. Iirc I read something about a 5v5 gamemode - sounds like a competitive game to me. LoL is f2p. And the most played game atm. CS:GO is still being played alot, as well as Rainbow Six Siege. S&B can't be f2p for sure, but the 5v5 nature of a PvP gamemode allows for an infinite replay value - competitive PvP doesn't die quickly if done right.

I just hope Ubisoft isn't as 'resourceful' in terms of different gamemodes as with For Honor.

Maybe an unpopular opinion - if the game seems to fail, a pirate battle royal has already been done, but not with these visuals and engine.

Overall: The lack of competition in this genre would allow for Ubisoft to make this game the best PvE and PvP pirate title. The possibilities are there and after 5 years I feel like multiple gamemodes (for example an PvE(semi PvP) adventure mode to unlock new crew, ship parts etc. pared with some 5v5 PvP gamemodes and eventually maybe BR to best other players with the unlocked stuff) isn't too much to be asked for.

Or is my taste just way off?
    this game is no longer going to be a battle royal game, from our understanding. Since that was the original goal- but they changed directions for a new vision. So we can assume either an MMO or a for honour like rpg with ships

We are aware of games posted by Ubisoft no doubt they have done a great job in every game, and now we are eagerly waiting for this game t release.

Regards,
    Mike
    Disposable protective gowns supplier

My private opinion is that we (the game enthusiasts) would love to look the game this yearhere... And wish it's going to not be changed so in many instances that it's going to have Cyberpunk 2077 fate or the maximum well-known destiny of Duke Nukem Forever .