1. #1

    Mechanics and Techniques I want in upcoming updates.

    1. Hide enemies in the dirt or under vehicles
    2. Wearing a full wolves or sentinel uniform protects you from being detected.
    3. Faster enemy pick ups or the option to drag them.
    4. Increase stealth during nighttime, blizzards, storms etc.
    5. Grapple hook and rappel for mountains, cliffs, and buildings.
    6. Ability to break through glass aggressively or stealthy like the torch to cut the gates.
    7.Ability to hack drones and base defenses to tur them against enemies.
    8. Have AI teammates drive for you to a waypoint.
    9. Add a waypoint.
    10.Rappel down helicopters.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    FCacGRdvWD's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,681
    I am sure they are just waiting to start working on this and some more for the next update. Keep'm coming folks, they can never have enough good ideas.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    I would also like to add a host ability to lock difficulty settings, including HUD settings i.e. enemy marks, friendly health bars, reveal notification, radar, etc. If someone joins my game, I should be able to control our difficulty if I wish. It sucks when someone joins my game and rips through it for me.

    Aditionally, picking people up, both friendlies and enemies. Picking a teammate up takes as long as reviving them, which defeats the purpose of an amazing game mechanic. Also, an ability to cancel would be great, as a good enough portion of the time I'm stuck picking up an enemy I'm trying to hide and have to watch someone shoot me down before I can pull my pistol out. The amount of time it would've come in handy to stop picking up the body is frustrating.

    Last, please add a wanted system. If every soldier is hunting you, why is it that when you're caught by patrols they don't call it in. I love that surrounding units respond, but no back up? I wish there was more of an effprt to hunt us down. (Side note: One time I lost contact with wolves before they called it in and ran into sentinals on patrol. I was too far to hear the voice of the wolf, but I heard him call for near by units on the guy's radio. That was actually pretty cool.)
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    MyNameIsJord's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,356
    Originally Posted by FCacGRdvWD Go to original post
    I am sure they are just waiting to start working on this and some more for the next update. Keep'm coming folks, they can never have enough good ideas.
    I'm never sure you're sarcastic or not. It's nice to want things, as the OP does.
    How come no one has wanted GPS routes on their (mini)map yet, showing you which options you have to drive from A to B?
    Share this post

  5. #5
    What do you mean "add a waypoint"?
    We need hundreds of them! Lines, markers, flags, notes...
    Share this post

  6. #6
    MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    So. Calif.
    Posts
    5,275
    IIRC no waypoints is by design, given the premise of the original story. This goes back to some early Oct. 2019 exchanges.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by MikeWeeks Go to original post
    IIRC no waypoints is by design, given the premise of the original story. This goes back to some early Oct. 2019 exchanges.
    I've never played the GR games during 2001 and 2002 but I've seen a little gameplay. There was no need for waypoints because the maps were enclosed. It makes sense in open-world games like Wildlands and Breakpoint. You guys that play immersively or/and with no HUD get the option to turn that off. You can also play unguided. Isn't that cool? I see that as an improvement.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    So. Calif.
    Posts
    5,275
    Originally Posted by HighlyTactical Go to original post
    I've never played the GR games during 2001 and 2002 but I've seen a little gameplay. There was no need for waypoints because the maps were enclosed. It makes sense in open-world games like Wildlands and Breakpoint. You guys that play immersively or/and with no HUD get the option to turn that off. You can also play unguided. Isn't that cool? I see that as an improvement.
    Just to clarify, my comment dealt with Breakpoint - why there's no waypoint option if you use the mini-map.

    The problem, game-play wise imo is that you're in & out of the tac map too much. Wish for what was available in FC2 - a hand-held map feature that kept you in the game world.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Love the ideas, especially #6.
    Also: flashlights for me guns!

    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by PerseusKane Go to original post
    I would also like to add a host ability to lock difficulty settings, including HUD settings i.e. enemy marks, friendly health bars, reveal notification, radar, etc. If someone joins my game, I should be able to control our difficulty if I wish. It sucks when someone joins my game and rips through it for me.
    Yeah, that would make matchmaking much better, like in many other games where the players see the host settings - rust, Factorio, etc
    Share this post