I think I would certainly like enemy AI to be down but not out at times. In addition the suppression from GRAW (I think it was) to also comeback. Enemies should be able to lay down suppressing fire which causes you to hit the deck and get behind cover but also blur your screen a little to give you a bit of a suppressed "feeling" for a 3rd person shooter. This way when an enemy AI is down, their mates (if there are any), could lay down suppressing fire to cover someone going to grab them to assist. Otherwise you could see it as, shoot a person to injure them, wait for their buddies to go help and snipe then, what for another and snipe them, and so on and that is zzzZZZ.

Suppression could also help with AI flanking and improve the AI tactically much more so than what we have in game at the moment.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by HighlyTactical Go to original post
    "prolong combat immersively."
    "there's nothing immersive about instantly reviving someone."
    "arcady, immersive detail"
    "serious/immersive"
    "special forces experience simulator"

Why is immersion so important? I'm not against it but I never make it Ghost Recon's main priority. I value features that have a real impact on gameplay. See, I don't play pretend. You get a point for bringing up suppression. An injury + suppression system would totally work. Why did no one else try to think of that? Instead of berating me? Yes, I think I am overcomplicating things. However, I'd say the other side has been too. Why are you guys using real-life logic for a video game? No matter what shooter you are playing, it's aim and shoot with code at a bunch of code. My thing about the sniper rifle: He said "Right now, only headshots are an instant one hit kill, UNLESS using a sniper rifle?. That was his words. A grammatical error I suppose?
    Immersion at least in the context of video games describes the feeling of being sucked into or surrounded by a game. Immersion is often connected to the context of realism, but while player's are obviously sucked in by realism, itís not really realism.. itís logic and reaction. A logical reaction in a video-game are consequences to a playerís action and this is what sucks a player into a digital world. Obviously itís a game and there are realistic things that can be called immersive that completely destroy the game like in game death that completely disables the game for you forever (thats not fun) or maybe doing paper work those are inappropriate. But I think everyone want a continuous fun gameplay that is logical, fun and continuous, especially in the context of an open world game. We use real life logic in a game because Ghost Recon game series has always been more realistic game series and this game was advertised more of a milsim tactical game. And you know everybody knows that snipers are one hit kills everywhere in Ghost Recon, which makes them OP, which would be fixed by a downed system. But the point is we all know what happens when we snipe someone in a video-game, we all know that obviously you canít confirm kills in a firefight. I mean we all know this I donít think it needs explanation. But I hope you understand the point of view.

Originally Posted by martbloke88 Go to original post
    I think I would certainly like enemy AI to be down but not out at times. In addition the suppression from GRAW (I think it was) to also comeback. Enemies should be able to lay down suppressing fire which causes you to hit the deck and get behind cover but also blur your screen a little to give you a bit of a suppressed "feeling" for a 3rd person shooter. This way when an enemy AI is down, their mates (if there are any), could lay down suppressing fire to cover someone going to grab them to assist. Otherwise you could see it as, shoot a person to injure them, wait for their buddies to go help and snipe then, what for another and snipe them, and so on and that is zzzZZZ.

Suppression could also help with AI flanking and improve the AI tactically much more so than what we have in game at the moment.
    Yea I think the suppression system was for sure in Future Soldier. I really liked the camera shakiness and player animation response to being berated by LMGís and I would love for it to return. But Modern day gaming has gone competitive and everyone turns off motion blur, camera shake and boosted up field of view to gain an advantage. And while this is a PVE game rather than PVP people come Ghost Recon with those habits and immediately complain about it .

Originally Posted by ManticButton Go to original post
    I was manly talking about horde my bad but yeah outside of gibs standard drones will always go down from body shots trust me I've played a ton

also have you played every ghost recon game they're super arcady sure you die relatively quick but the gamplay has always been on the casual side with easy to pick up controls and fast gameplay compared to most hardcore military shooters sure it's above cod and battlefield but not by much

I'm talking about adding enemy reactions I'm fine with just one tapping enemy's but with the games current difficulty and TTD having the options for enemy's to pull an uno reverse on the player is gonna feel super cheap and unfair because you didn't hit only head shots

also I pretty much fully agree with everyone on this forum which is honestly why I haven't been on recently we've been discussing how to change breakpoint since before launch I may share slightly different opinions on topics but to be honest it's been an echo chamber recently so I've been avoiding discussions

and yeah I think ghost recon should take a more simple approach with gameplay and features to scale back from the bloated mess that is breakpoint there are so many over complicated and under baked features from gear score to survival mechanics to the bloated health system that really detract from the core gameplay

so yeah I think ghost recon should return to it's roots simple and tight gamplay with authentic weapons and characters and a well thought out premise and setting
    and if we have to go back to more arcade style gameplay to do so then so be it
    you can't have a high ttk and a super complex player and enemy injury system in a fast paced shooter it didn't work in battlefield and it didn't work in ghost recon
    Ghost Recon has always had little more complicated controls than your average shooter and sure while adding downed enemies might complicate firefights a little more itís not off the table for Arcade shooters like COD, Gears Of War, Etc. Itís not really tied down to realism, but logic and combat. Giving the player something else to shoot at. While yes Ghost Recon is a lot more serious than other game like you said itís still for casual gamers which justifies the purpose of having enemy magical revives. I think Ghost Recon shouldnít become the next Arma-3, but I also see that it hasnít aged well. The devs are taking this game to tiered loot because the reception for Future Soldier and Wildlands, while positive, it wasnít enough to meet modern Triple A standards of sales. Ghost Recon is slower than COD, but for itís pace itís too simple, which bores modern day players. Older players like me who played games in the age of good campaigns, no sprint, advanced movement, this game is good, but this is not the same for newer players. Just because itís aim and shoot doesnít make it relatable to other games, just because it has a class system doesnít make it relatable to other games. Ghost Recon needs to continue to innovate in a direction thatís itís already in which is milsim territory. It canít continue to take other identities such as Battle Royale, Horde mode, Tiered Gear, Raids, Class systems, Perk Systems, Ability systems. Thatís why the fan base makes more realistic suggestions.

ManticButton's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SaviorBasedGod Go to original post
    Ghost Recon has always had little more complicated controls than your average shooter and sure while adding downed enemies might complicate firefights a little more itís not off the table for Arcade shooters like COD, Gears Of War, Etc. Itís not really tied down to realism, but logic and combat. Giving the player something else to shoot at. While yes Ghost Recon is a lot more serious than other game like you said itís still for casual gamers which justifies the purpose of having enemy magical revives. I think Ghost Recon shouldnít become the next Arma-3, but I also see that it hasnít aged well. The devs are taking this game to tiered loot because the reception for Future Soldier and Wildlands, while positive, it wasnít enough to meet modern Triple A standards of sales. Ghost Recon is slower than COD, but for itís pace itís too simple, which bores modern day players. Older players like me who played games in the age of good campaigns, no sprint, advanced movement, this game is good, but this is not the same for newer players. Just because itís aim and shoot doesnít make it relatable to other games, just because it has a class system doesnít make it relatable to other games. Ghost Recon needs to continue to innovate in a direction thatís itís already in which is milsim territory. It canít continue to take other identities such as Battle Royale, Horde mode, Tiered Gear, Raids, Class systems, Perk Systems, Ability systems. Thatís why the fan base makes more realistic suggestions.
    wildlands sold stupid well it was one of the best selling ubisoft games ever and one of the largest releases that year that's not why they added loot they added it because the one in charge of the direction for all ubisoft games insisted on turning everything into an rpg

and ghost recon has never been more complicated than halo or cod it's been very simple incredibly simple and adding more complexity for the sake of gate keeping is boring
    you can have depth with simple controls and easy to understand gameplay like every other ghost recon game

moving the game to milsim will kill the game ghost recon is the middle ground and when games like modern warfare are more authentic that's the problem

also to add on to what others are saying adding on to the games awful health system isn't going to work in the games current state
    when one burst can kill the enemy and player adding a down system isn't going to work it'll make the enemy feel spongier while make the player remain week

we either need to scale back on enemy's and slow the game way down or we need to make it so the TTD isn't so brutal
    that can be done by giving the player more health (pretty boring) or by making enemy's not aim bots
    also a full revamp that makes the health and injury system simpler and adds those same effects to the enemy's

honestly ubisoft needs to completely rework the gameplay system we currently have but have shown a lack of interest

instead of cutting loot completely the gave the player an option to disable it
    instead of revamping health and injury's they let the player disable and slightly modify it

not a single member of this forum is playing the same game the same experience and that's a problem
    there's no consistency no direction they need to pick a direction moving forward and completely revamp the game around it no middle ground no half baked options
     2 people found this helpful

not a single member of this forum is playing the same game the same experience and that's a problem
    there's no consistency no direction they need to pick a direction moving forward and completely revamp the game around it no middle ground no half baked options
    Exactly. After the dumpster fire Breakpoint created, people have been VERY vocal about their opinions on Ghost Recon. Can't exactly blame them tho. Ubisoft has been handling the franchise horribly. Also, Ghost Recon has been through lots of changes. People need to accept that every game in a franchise builds their own sub-fanbase. Some people like 2001-2002 GR. Some people like Advanced Warfighter. Some people like Future Soldier. Some people like Wildlands and Breakpoint. Instead of focusing on what GR should be, I think we need to start anew. Give the franchise a fresh start with inspiration from the older games. GAMESSSSS. Not one. A couple or few. Carry the best features and mechanics and make new ones. You know the say: Once you've hit the bottom, there's only one way you can go!
     1 people found this helpful

wildlands sold stupid well it was one of the best selling ubisoft games ever and one of the largest releases that year that's not why they added loot they added it because the one in charge of the direction for all ubisoft games insisted on turning everything into an rpg

and ghost recon has never been more complicated than halo or cod it's been very simple incredibly simple and adding more complexity for the sake of gate keeping is boring
    you can have depth with simple controls and easy to understand gameplay like every other ghost recon game

moving the game to milsim will kill the game ghost recon is the middle ground and when games like modern warfare are more authentic that's the problem

also to add on to what others are saying adding on to the games awful health system isn't going to work in the games current state
    when one burst can kill the enemy and player adding a down system isn't going to work it'll make the enemy feel spongier while make the player remain week

we either need to scale back on enemy's and slow the game way down or we need to make it so the TTD isn't so brutal
    that can be done by giving the player more health (pretty boring) or by making enemy's not aim bots
    also a full revamp that makes the health and injury system simpler and adds those same effects to the enemy's

honestly ubisoft needs to completely rework the gameplay system we currently have but have shown a lack of interest

instead of cutting loot completely the gave the player an option to disable it
    instead of revamping health and injury's they let the player disable and slightly modify it

I mean tbh your opinion is valid. I donít really agree with it because in my head I have a completely different fleshed out vision that works for Ghost Recon and tbh everyone does have it in their own way. All I can say though is I agree with every single experience on Breakpoint is different and it completely destroys matchmaking because no one has the same settings. I play on Immersive, Extreme, No Hud, No Map and I get paired with people playing with tiered, arcade, hud, enemy cloud markers, and it completely destroys the experience because while I have to scan every corner of the room they just rush in guns blazing. In Wildlands this was completely different while the same thing with difficulty settings and Tier one mode. The game should be set on the hostís options honestly other wise itís just unplayable and unenjoyable. And you are right it did sell stupidly well. I meant to type that the game didnít do well long term, but thatís honestly a different topic thatís unrelated. I would explain to you what my point of view is exactly, but Iím kind of unmotivated and this thread wasnít to change peopleís views on it. Just ask members what they thought of downed enemies.

Originally Posted by HighlyTactical Go to original post
    You know the say: Once you've hit the bottom, there's only one way you can go!
    Below bottom?

ManticButton's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SaviorBasedGod Go to original post
    I mean tbh your opinion is valid. I don’t really agree with it because in my head I have a completely different fleshed out vision that works for Ghost Recon and tbh everyone does have it in their own way. All I can say though is I agree with every single experience on Breakpoint is different and it completely destroys matchmaking because no one has the same settings. I play on Immersive, Extreme, No Hud, No Map and I get paired with people playing with tiered, arcade, hud, enemy cloud markers, and it completely destroys the experience because while I have to scan every corner of the room they just rush in guns blazing. In Wildlands this was completely different while the same thing with difficulty settings and Tier one mode. The game should be set on the host’s options honestly other wise it’s just unplayable and unenjoyable. And you are right it did sell stupidly well. I meant to type that the game didn’t do well long term, but that’s honestly a different topic that’s unrelated. I would explain to you what my point of view is exactly, but I’m kind of unmotivated and this thread wasn’t to change people’s views on it. Just ask members what they thought of downed enemies.
    yeah were agreeing for the most part I love the idea of downed enemy's but the game is so borked it's hard to really move forward on ideas

I mean in wildlands the gameplay was uniform outside of the option for tier mode so when the community asked suggested an idea they didn't have to worry about 15 different variables that the player could influence

I like the idea of players being able to scale the hud or add on a modifier to make gameplay harder bt it feels like in breakpoint you aren't modifying the game just disabling gameplay mechanics

I'll leave my final thoughts here enemy's going down would be sick however ubisoft will need to think hard and long on how to properly implement it lest we risk another half baked feature

Just make sure to make the last enemy standing, is one of them with intel and make sure you wound him, then knock him out.