Error : Activation Key Invalid

Hi all, I just purchased a key for the complete edition of the game on Uplay, wich the laucher accepted. However I can't even get past the log in screen, and I receive this pop up message : Error : Activation Key Invalid.

I have not been asked to enter any sort of key anywhere, I do not know what is going on.

edit : I also opened a ticket

And solved ! All I had to do was reinstal Ubisoft Connect. Cheers !

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Rednutsquire Go to original post
    Hi all, I just purchased a key for the complete edition of the game on Uplay, wich the laucher accepted. However I can't even get past the log in screen, and I receive this pop up message : Error : Activation Key Invalid.

I have not been asked to enter any sort of key anywhere, I do not know what is going on.

edit : I also opened a ticket

And solved ! All I had to do was reinstal Ubisoft Connect. Cheers !
    Hey there Rednutsquire,

Thank you for reaching out and for updating your post!

I'm glad to see you've since been able to resolve your issue and you're up and running!

Enjoy! And if there's anything else we can help with, please let us know!

I had the same problem.. Error : Activation Key Invalid

I contacted the chat support, but gave me a vague answer that the problem will be look into and that I had to check the forums once in awhile.. That's vague..

Anyway, restarted my computer and it worked. Silly me going to support first.

Ubi-Milky's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello StyXL, thank you for letting us know you were able to fix your invalid key activation by restating your game.

This issue with the cd key not activating in Ubisoft Connect is known to us, but we found that restarting the Ubisoft Connect launcher and trying to re-activate the key a second time in the Ubisoft Connect launcher, will usually fix the issue. This can usually happen with some of our older titles.