🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Good point, as they do seem to be distancing themselves from the Rocksmith name.

Last time I saw UbiSoft mention RS was several months ago when they posted job openings for transcribers and testers.

Being a gamer in general, I notice most of the major game producers start touting their new product easily a year out from it's release. Which means a new "RS" is probably way more than a year away, or they just want to put a lot of marketing "space" between RS and this new product ... for some unknown reason.

Good point, as they do seem to be distancing themselves from the Rocksmith name.

Last time I saw UbiSoft mention RS was several months ago when they posted job openings for transcribers and testers.

Being a gamer in general, I notice most of the major game producers start touting their new product easily a year out from it's release. Which means a new "RS" is probably way more than a year away, or they just want to put a lot of marketing "space" between RS and this new product ... for some unknown reason.

When they came out with RS 2014 they said it was so named instead of "Rocksmith 2" so people would not think they had to have played "RS 1" to understand it, and they would get new users. Perhaps they are using the same logic again and going for a totally different name .... realizing as they do that most RS fans are going to know what the new name is and buy it.

Even on Wikipedia there is only a tiny mention of the "new project", this new project has got to be one of the best kept secrets in the world of gaming.
     1 people found this helpful