I miss DLC Fridays...

I was throwing on some vinyl to wind down my WFH week... Got a momentary flashback to checking for clues every Friday for DLC... Does anyone else miss it?

I can't help but feel that Ubi not releasing WHATEVER is coming (or not coming) before or during the pandemic was a massive mistake. Guitar sales at 20 year highs. Massive interest in learning new things... Could have been a big win for the RS team and UBI.

Oh, well. Back to my workday and the first side of the Faster Pussycat vinyl! Don't change that song!
     3 people found this helpful

I agree 100% ... I played more guitar, and spent more money on guitar stuff in the last year than the previous 3 years combined. At least they could have used to the hype for the new product to get more people to buy the current RS and increased their fan base for the new product.
     1 people found this helpful

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    As time goes on, especially during the pandemic I’ve found myself playing more guitar, but less and less Rocksmith.

Not having the next thing ready to go was unfortunate, but keeping people totally in the dark about any new version, to keep interest is a massive mistake in my opinion.

Not asking for chapter and verse on the next one, but a drip feed of info to keep interest would make sense, more than “we’re working on something” and leaving people to discover that Ubi are hiring note trackers and the like and letting people put two and two together and assuming the answer is four, which it may not be.
     2 people found this helpful

Still having a blast with RS every now and then. And I do play guitar almost every day, but not so much RS. It feels a bit limiting and heavy to load in.

I guess this was the goal of the game, but hoping for a revolution soon! The game is old, and it shows. Something similar to what RS2014 was to the original RS would be great!

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm just glad there's a stats page to keep me going on this game.

If I played guitar I'd only have a handful of 100% songs so I would have given up a long time ago.

But on bass, the songs are doable.

Just wish there were graphs or something to show progress.

Right now I write down my stats on paper. Then I can see the day I got 8 songs 100%. etc.

Ah if only we had crystal balls to be able to see the future. Releasing a guitar oriented software product right as lockdown hit would have been the best possible timing. I also would have put a million or two into Tesla stock a year or so ago. Oh well what can you do?
     2 people found this helpful

I love how they still do a webcast to discuss music and completely ignore fanbase questions about next release. How long can they play this game of let’s just discuss music? It’s almost a year and I can’t imagine it goes beyond next E3 conference in June
     3 people found this helpful

I keep looking for a new Ubisoft Forward show. None on the horizon. Maybe July?

April 3 will be the one year anniversary of the end of DLC.

I'm guessing if they haven't seen the wisdom of releasing some info by now, they aren't going to see the opportunity to mark the one year anniversary.

I still think it's purposeful ... ANY company wishing to extend a game title franchise will hype the next installment. I think they want to break all connection between the new product and RS. Which would point to a totally different type of product. Nobody, I mean nobody in the software business leaves the fanbase of a popular franchise hanging unless they are creating a product they think will have a completely new fanbase.

Think what Photoshop as become to photo editing software.
    What Autodesk has become to CAD software.
    What MS Office has become to productivity software
    What PowerPoint has become to presentation software ....

Who will become the defacto leader in music learning software .... could it be UbiSoft? Imagine a versatile suite of music learning applications that could be tailored to particular instruments, a new universal standard for bring music education to the masses.

Or ... it could just be another game

My guess is they are selling the game and technology to a new company.

That would explain how Rocksmith has never been mentioned at a Ubisoft show or even listed on their Ubisoft website/store.

Wouldnt that be cool if it was Fender or Gibson (gibson is throwing $$$ around recently with Mesa) ?

But we know our luck. It will be the Saudi Arabia owned EA or Activision. And there will be micro-transactions on top of micro-transactions. Buy 10 tune-your-instrument credits for .75 today only!