it can't be that I'm unable to run this game without murdering my PC

My Specs

Windows 10 64-bit
    Intel-Core-i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
    64GB RAM

It takes about 30 minutes for the game to start and get to the main menu (rendering my PC completely useless during that time) and after that it sets my PC in a constant lagging condition, making it almost impossible to move the mouse at all. The funny part is, it doesn't stress my PC at all. CPU and GPU usage is down. I tried setting the resolution down, aslo running in windowed mode in the game launch option, doesn't help. I verified the files several times. Made sure the HD texture pack is installed (also tried starting the game without the Texture pack). I made sure that the game isn't blocked by my Firewall or Antivirus programm. At this point I have no idea what else to try. My old PC with an GTX 1080Ti, an i7 CPU and 16GB RAM was able to run this game.

Help is very much appreciated.

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Wow, check your Windows Event logs, I wonder if your harddisk is failing. I suspect your PC is having trouble dealing with a lot of hardware interrupts. Taking 30 minutes for the game to start is really abnormal, even on a non-SSD drive.

Appeared to be a GPU crash. Thanks for the tip. Fixed it by updating the Dragon Center MSI app. Somehow it just says no to everything when it didn't had its update.
     1 people found this helpful

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Awesome, enjoy the game!

Ubi-Wan's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello there! Glad to see things have been sorted out! Thanks, Steve64b, for the quick thinking! Hook_Delivery - If you happen to encounter any other abnormalities when playing, don't hesitate to reach back out! We'll be more than happy to assist.