[Child of Light] Will not start on CPU with more cores

"Child of Light" will not start on CPU having more cores.

I have recently bought Intel 10900K (10 cores/20 threads) and the game will not start. I have tried every suggested solution and only one works - disabling some cores in msconfig/boot/advanced and having them constantly disabled.

I have tried to run the game (on some of the cores individually) by starting it with a batch file but still no luck.
    %WINDIR%\system32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 2 E:\Ubisoft"Ubisoft Game Launcher"\games"Child of Light"\ChildofLight.exe

I am hoping for the game update but let's be real... a working walkaround would be sufficient.

UbiKobold's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there Mecyja! I am sorry that you have experienced some difficulties launching Child of Light recently with your new CPU! This may be due to the game being released prior to some CPUs having that number of cores. I would be happy to forward up this information to our Game team! You mentioned that you tried suggested solutions already. Can you let me know what you have completed so far?

Thank You for the answer and the attention given.

What I have tried with no effect:
    reinstalling GPU drivers
    reinstalling DirectX and other libraries
    starting Ubisoft Connect and the game with administrator privileges
    changing them to run with admin in properties
    reinstalling both Ubisoft Connect and the game several times
    disconnecting and reinstalling Xbox controller

Then I have found that "too many cores" is to blame and solve with either a batch file (couldn't make it work*) or disabling cores in msconfig/Boot/Advanced/"Number of processors".

* My batch file was like that:
    %WINDIR%\system32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 2 E:\Ubisoft"Ubisoft Game Launcher"\games"Child of Light"\ChildofLight.exe

Nevertheless, the msconfig way works fine, the game is starting. But this means permanently disabling those cores for the whole system and not an elegant walkaround.

ubi-smash's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thank you for the update,Mecyja. I completely understand this is not a very elegant workaround to launch the game at this time and I have shared this with our Game team to further review. I am extremely sorry for the difficulties this has been.

Thank You for the response. My 5 year old daughter, who is fond of the game, and I will patiently wait for developments.

I stand corrected - "Workaround", not "walkaround".

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Mecyja Go to original post
    Thank You for the response. My 5 year old daughter, who is fond of the game, and I will patiently wait for developments.

I stand corrected - "Workaround", not "walkaround".
    No worries, anytime!

If you have any additional questions, please let us know!